Construction | Terre Haute, IN | Full Time
Thompson Thrift is a respected and nationally recognized, full-service development and construction company committed to making a positive impact in the communities we serve. We firmly believe in creating opportunities, improving communities and enhancing lives with every project we develop and build.
- This position will prepare cost estimates/budgets for construction projects, provide support to the Preconstruction team for both Multifamily and Commercial projects or services to aid management in bidding on or determining price of product or service.
- Consult with clients vendors, personnel in other departments, or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates/budgets and resolve issues.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labor estimates/budgets.
- Prepare, analyze and or recommend vendors or subcontractors for project selection.
- Confer with Engineers, Architects, Owners, Contractors and Subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates/budgets used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Visit site and record information about access, drainage and topography and availability of services such as water and electricity.
- Visit with local authorities for each project being estimated to determine local rules and regulations to ensure estimate/budget is as complete and accurate as possible.
- Provide necessary training and direction to assist staff to achieve position advancement.
- Degree in Construction Management or related field preferred
- Two plus years of experience preferred.