Construction | Terre Haute, IN | Full Time
Thompson Thrift is a respected and nationally recognized, full-service development and construction company committed to making a positive impact in the communities we serve. We firmly believe in creating opportunities, improving communities and enhancing lives with every project we develop and build.
- This position will prepare cost estimates/budgets for construction projects, provide support to the Preconstruction team for both Multifamily and Commercial projects or services to aid management in bidding on or determining price of product or service.
- Consult with clients vendors, personnel in other departments, or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates/budgets and resolve issues.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labor estimates/budgets.
- Prepare, analyze and or recommend vendors or subcontractors for project selection.
- Confer with Engineers, Architects, Owners, Contractors and Subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates/budgets used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Visit site and record information about access, drainage and topography and availability of services such as water and electricity.
- Visit with local authorities for each project being estimated to determine local rules and regulations to ensure estimate/budget is as complete and accurate as possible.
- Provide necessary training and direction to assist staff to achieve position advancement.
- Degree in Construction Management or related field preferred
- four plus years of experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees may perform other duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands; and verbal communication. The employee frequently uses a computer keyboard and monitor. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is regularly required to be mobile and the employee occasionally travels both short and long distances via a variety of conveyances. The employee occasionally performs work on-site at construction work sites, office locations, and/or off-site venues. Performing this job will sometimes require the employee to walk work sites that do not have infrastructure, this includes walking on uneven surfaces, through mud, through ruts, etc. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office or remote setting. The noise in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate in an office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally work at construction work sites where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and the risk of electrical shock. The noise in the construction work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee is required to work in compliance with company safety policies, procedures, and applicable laws.