Residential Development | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Thompson Thrift is seeking to hire two Full-Time Preconstruction Engineers to work out of the corporate office in Indianapolis, IN. As the Preconstruction Engineer, you will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of the project design from conceptual phase through complete construction documents on behalf of the project Owner.
In the role, you will review the plans and help manage design professionals to assist in providing an accurate and complete set of construction drawings for contract. You will work alongside the Preconstruction Manager to verify and coordinate all project requirements set forth by the city/municipalities, design consultants and third-party providers.
You will also work closely with the general contractor throughout the design process to ensure we arrive at contract with a construction budget that fits within the constraints of the project proforma.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review plans at each phase to identify general deficiencies, coordination issues between disciplines, conformance to Thompson Thrift Residential Standards, accessibility issues, cost and constructability issues, etc.
- Create and manage RFP’s for contractor proposals.
- Analyze contractor proposals for accuracy and conformance to budget and communicate issues and opportunities to development team and GC accordingly.
- Review and interpret geotechnical report and ensure that the design conforms with the recommendations.
- Assist in meetings with design consultants.
- Assist in managing building permit process from application through issuance.
- 4 -year degree (preferably in Construction Management, Architecture, or Related Field).
- Experience with preconstruction, project management or development experience is a plus but not required.
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Office, and project management tracking.
- Ability to lead meetings with assertiveness.
- Ability to identify a plan deficiency for all design disciplines (Architectural, Structural, MEP, Civil and Landscape).
- General knowledge of construction pricing.
- Familiarity with accessibility codes.
- Ability to operate independently, report in written and verbal formats.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Attention to detail and willingness to learn.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees may perform other duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personal hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Performing this job will sometimes require the employee to walk work sites that do not have infrastructure, this includes walking on uneven surfaces, through mud, through ruts, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires the use of hands to finer, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employees must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and the risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily 'to positively impact our team members and the communities we serve.' As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our property management teams work in a fun, fast-paced work environment and have tremendous room for professional growth. Full time position with benefit package including health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
Are you ready to join our team?