Residential Development | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time | From $102,000.00 to $163,800.00 per year
Thompson Thrift Residential is looking to hire a Full-Time Owner’s Representative to work out of the corporate office in Indianapolis, IN An Owner’s Representative serves as an extension of the development company and investors to manage the construction process including quality, schedule, budget, and any task that helps the success and overall profitability of a project. This includes assisting in the design and pre-construction process to ensure that the General Contractor is ready to start the project, managing the project budget (including FFE, design consultant fees, and hard costs), and overseeing any utility or municipality issues related to the project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review all plans to ensure Thompson Thrift Residential Standards and other site-specific items have been implemented into the plans.
- Visit each construction site a minimum of 1 time per month.
- Represent and participate in an Owner/GC project meeting twice a month to discuss the general status of the project and any outstanding issues.
- Complete and present a monthly development report.
- Work with construction PM to produce unit turnover schedule.
- Assist Pre-Construction Manager and principals in the development of project budget.
- Create a plan to take over the management of buildings and grounds.
- Coordinate with the Design Manager and project consultants in the development of the construction documents from the initial site design to final construction drawings and specifications.
- The complete final walk of units with property mgmt. and construction to generate a full punch list on every unit.
- Spearhead turnover of the clubhouse and all amenity sections. Every aspect of turnover is the responsibility of this position. Building signs, furniture (indoor/outdoor/office), signs (monument, pool hours, bathrooms, operating hours), computers, supplies (management/maintenance), TV's, AV, alarms, etc.
- Represent TT Residential as Owner in construction progress meetings; review change orders and requests for information from the general contractor.
- Negotiate and execute cable, phone, alarm monitoring, and trash contracts.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 4-Year Degree (preferably in Construction Management) and relevant experience.
- 6+ years of Construction Project Management experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members and external professionals.
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Excel, Blue Beam, and Microsoft Project (project management tracking).
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects. The Owner’s Representative will be expected to manage two multifamily projects at the same time.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees may perform other duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personal hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Performing this job will sometimes require the employee to walk work sites that do not have infrastructure, this includes walking on uneven surfaces, through mud, through ruts, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires the use of hands to finer, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employees must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and the risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily 'to positively impact our team members and the communities we serve.' As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our property management teams work in a fun, fast-paced work environment and have tremendous room for professional growth. Full time position with benefit package including health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
Are you ready to join our team?