Multifamily Project Manager
Construction | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Watermark Residential, Thompson Thrift Construction and Thompson Thrift Retail Group make up the Thompson Thrift family of businesses focused on real estate development, property management, leasing and construction management services. Our team members work in a fun, fast-paced work environment guided by our core values of excellence, leadership and service. With the opportunity for professional growth, you’ll have a chance to expand your skills and build relationships throughout the company by participating in activities like our CEO Round Tables, Emerging Leaders program, Ignite Leadership Training initiatives and any number of other learning and networking programs. This position includes a full benefit packaging including health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
Provide leadership and oversight for the day-to-day operations and project administration activities for all assigned construction projects. Manage a staff of Superintendents, Project Engineers and Project Support staff. Assist in the development and implementation of corporate policies and procedures to achieve established corporate goals and support the corporate mission statement.
The following are minimum pre-requisites for the position of Project Manager:
- Four year college degree in Construction related field.
- Three to Five years of experience in Project Management preferably in multi-family development
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects while continuing to meet project deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The essential job functions of the Project Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- Review Construction Project contract with client.
- Review, obtain and implement necessary permits, local, state, etc.
- Review and ensure necessary insurance requirements of project are being met.
- Ensure Soil Test Report has been formulated and review.
- Meet with local authorities prior to start of work.
- Oversee and manage Project Superintendent.
- Maintain all communications with project owner.
- Review and approve Project Estimate.
- Issue subcontracts and purchase orders for project.
- Provide leadership in scheduled progress meetings.
- Ensure agendas and meeting minutes are issued for every progress meeting.
- Formula and update project schedule.
- Review weekly job costs and formula project cost projections on bi-weekly basis.
- Prepare applications for Payment to Owner on monthly basis.
- Review and approval of all subcontractor or material supplier invoices.
- Ensure proper subcontractors and material suppliers have submitted Waiver of Liens.
- Monitor scope of work by visiting job site once per week to ensure work outside of original scope is not being completed without approved change orders.
- Review Procedure and Budget Agenda with superintendent each week and have form signed by superintendent.
- Attend weekly staff meeting to review status of each project. Provide updated project photos and updated project schedule.
- Ensure “As-Built” Drawings are being prepared as project progresses.
- Formula “Punch List”, issue to subcontractors and ensure completion.
- Walk project with Owner and formulate final punch list.
- Issue Delivery of Possession form and obtain Certificate of Occupancy.
- Transfer Utilities to Owner.
- Complete O & M Manuals and issue to Owner.
- Finalize project with close-out meeting.
- All other duties as assigned.
- All employees of Thompson Thrift, Inc.
- All outside customers, sub-contractors, vendors, etc.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL ACTIVITIES
- Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, visual acuity near and far, depth perception, field of vision, accommodation.
- Outside and inside environmental and atmospheric conditions.
- Physical demands over 5 pounds.
Note: The responsibilities and requirements of this position may vary with different regions and/or communities, due to market conditions or Owner/Partner requirements. Failure to perform any of the above job requirements may lead to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and / or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.