IT Support Specialist
Corporate | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Thompson Thrift is seeking to hire a Full-Time IT Support Specialist to work in our corporate office located in downtown Indianapolis, IN, to provide hands on in-house and remote Help Desk assistance to staff to ensure an efficient daily operation of the Information Technology environment.
As the IT Support Specialist, you will assist the System Administrators in meeting the organizations IT needs through short and long-term projects. Other duties will include, but are not limited to, preventive maintenance, written procedure documentation and inventory.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Set up, management and maintenance of PC’s and mobile devices in Windows, IOS and Android software environments.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Installation and setup of network peripheral devices such as printers and scanners for users.
- Develops hardware and or software user process documentation.
- Assists in training of staff on new systems and software.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions and/or abnormalities.
- Perform training and support from conference room technology.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Gain feedback from customers about computer usage.
- Maintains accurate inventory of company owned computers, equipment and software.
- Assists in new hire computer and equipment orientations.
- Assists in the daily management of Help Desk ticketing system.
- Travels to remote offices and job sites to manage systems and projects as needed.
- Associates degree in computer science or equivalent education, certifications and experience.
- 1+ years' experience of progressive IT experience including experience in a multi-office environment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of hardware, software and networking basics.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Office365.
- Intermediate / Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate efficiently with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent projects while continuing to meet project deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to set up, install, configure and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows desktop clients.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily 'to positively impact our team members and the communities we serve.' As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our property management teams work in a fun, fast-paced work environment and have tremendous room for professional growth. Full time position with benefit package including health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
Are you ready to join our team?