Innovation and Research Manager
Corporate | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Watermark Residential is seeking to hire a Full-Time Innovation and Research Manager for its corporate office located in Indianapolis, IN. In this position, you will research and investigate new products, equipment, and finishes. You will work closely with Design and Estimating to propose new products that have been well vetted, and bring value to the projects as well as manage and track rebates from vendors. As the Innovation and Research Manager, you will conduct thorough research on new products and assemblies, as well as start and manage a rebate program.
Essential Job Functions
- Investigate new materials, equipment and finishes.
- Research product pricing and warranties.
- Understand the product life cycle cost.
- Understand how products impact our project profitability.
- Understand the product selection impact on the construction process.
- Work with design, development, construction, and property management to balance the function and economics of all products and materials.
- Work closely with Thompson Thrift Construction (TTC) estimating and warranty on pricing and issues with current products being used.
- Knowledge on construction products.
- Ability to research and investigate new products, various systems, and equipment.
- Possesses a diverse network of resources to obtain information from.
- Be extremely detailed and organized.
- Self-starter and able to drive results.
- Ability to operate independently and use good judgment.
- Proficient in writing and verbal communication.
- Ability to balance the needs and wants of multiple groups.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Construction, Engineering, or Architecture (required).
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in construction or design with a preference on multi-family.
- Must have some basic of knowledge on landscaping, architecture, MEP equipment,
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily 'to positively impact our team members and the communities we serve.' As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our property management teams work in a fun, fast-paced work environment and have tremendous room for professional growth.
Are you ready to join our team?