Director of Land Acquisitions- Arizona
Corporate | Phoenix, AZ | Full Time
Watermark Residential is seeking a Full-Time Director of Land Acquisitions to work out of our office in Phoenix, Arizona. As the Director of Land Acquisitions, you will assist in the accomplishment of the Company’s annual multi-family real estate development objectives however needed.
In this position, you will assist in business development efforts for new multi-family developments in Arizona. Major roles include, but are not limited to: Site selection for multi-family projects and interaction with landowners, municipalities, and real estate brokers to locate viable multi-family development opportunities throughout Arizona. Other tasks include completing financial analysis for new developments, tracking development pipelines, and assisting in comprehensive financing packages for both lenders and prospective investors for developments in Arizona.
- Work with the West Region to locate new multi-family development opportunities in Arizona through a variety of different methods including but not limited to:
- Direct correspondence with landowners of sites where Watermark is targeting a new development.
- Coordination with municipalities where Watermark is targeting new developments.
- Cultivate relationships with new real estate brokers and preserve existing relationships.
- Complete financial modeling and other market research to enable the Watermark team to evaluate prospective opportunities.
- Assist in the completion of comprehensive investor and lender financing packages.
- Regular travel within the state.
- Must be able to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Experience working in a team focused environment.
- Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Strong attention to detail.
Education and Qualifications
- 4-Year Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Business Administration or Finance) and relevant experience.
- CCIM accreditation preferred but not required.
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Excel, Office, and Power Point. Argus and Costar experience is preferred.
- 5 years' of experience in real estate required.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Proven experience in market analysis and site selection for multi-family projects.
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily ‘to positively impact our team members and the communities we serve.’ As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our construction teams work in a driven, fast-paced work environment and have tremendous room for professional growth. Full time position with benefit package including health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
Are you ready to join our team?