Director of Land Acquisitions
Corporate | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Watermark Residential is seeking a Full-Time Director of Land Acquisitions to work out of its corporate office in Indianapolis, IN. As the Director of Land Acquisitions, you will assist in the accomplishment of the Company’s annual multi-family real estate development objectives however needed.
In this positions, your major roles include but are not limited to site selection for multi-family projects, completing financial analysis for existing projects as well as prospective projects, and creating comprehensive financing packages for both lenders and prospective investors in assigned markets.
- Complete comprehensive investor and lender financing packages.
- Create financial pro-forma investment models for prospective deals and manage pro-forma models for existing deals.
- Lead the market analysis and site selection of new multifamily development projects.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with real estate brokers.
- Participate and provide input in regularly scheduled development meetings.
- Obtain market data for all existing deals and prospective deals:
- Rental market data (rent comps, occupancies, new construction, etc.).
- Employment data (major employers, unemployment rate, etc.).
- Demographic data (population, households, household income, traffic counts, etc.).
- Real Estate Tax data (tax comps, tax rates).
- Local retail drivers.
- Gather market data on a national level pertaining to multi-family and single-family housing.
- Analyze historical operating data and form conclusions.
- Create market summary reports to provide to investors in markets where Watermark has an existing deal and/or target markets for Watermark.
- Direct, manage and mentor members of your team.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 30% travel with potential for overnight trips.
- Must be able to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Experience working in a team focused environment.
- Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Strong attention to detail.
Education and Qualifications
- 4-Year Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Business Administration or Finance) and relevant experience.
- CCIM accreditation preferred but not required.
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Excel, Office, and Power Point. Argus and Costar experience is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in real estate financial analysis.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Proven experience in market analysis and site selection for multi-family projects.
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily ‘to positively impact our team members and the communities we serve.’ As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our construction teams work in a driven, fast-paced work environment and have tremendous room for professional growth. Full time position with benefit package including health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
Are you ready to join our team?