Retail | Phoenix, AZ | Full Time
Thompson Thrift is looking to hire a full-time Development Manager for our Phoenix, Arizona office to assist the Retail Development team on our construction projects. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. It is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join a company with excellent team member engagement, high employee satisfaction, and opportunities for career mobility!
About Thompson Thrift
At Thompson Thrift, we work daily to fulfill our mission to "positively impact our team members and the communities we serve." As a successful development and construction company with 30+ years of experience, we look for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence, and service. Our teams work in a fun, driven, and fast-paced work environment with tremendous room for professional growth. Our full-time employees enjoy a nice benefits package which includes health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401 K and paid time off.
The Development Manager will be responsible for taking our commercial real estate projects from concept to completion. Participates with team members on acquisition, city/county coordination, site and building design, permitting, design meetings, construction administration and acts as the representative of the owner. This position will be responsible for preparation site investigation reports, cost at completion reports, project status reports and maintaining project files. The successful candidate will have knowledge of real estate transactions, general contracting methods, be detail oriented and purpose driven to set and meet deadlines.
The following are minimum pre-requisites for the position of the Development Manager:
- Bachelor's Degree required in the area of Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field.
- Five or more years of experience in a Real Estate / Commercial Project Management position.
- Knowledge of Real Estate Transactions.
- Computer literate with experience in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project and ProCore.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Detail oriented, purpose driven.
- Able to set and meet deadlines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The essential job functions of the Development Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- Financing Package – assist Accounting
- Appraisal Package – assist Accounting
- Due Diligence Timeline
- Soil Investigation
- Environmental Concerns
- Zoning (permitted use, signage & landscaping requirements, etc.)
- Setbacks (building, pavement, landscape, etc.)
- Site and building design
- Filing Deadlines
- Review Meetings
- Erosion Control
Organize/Maintain Project Files
Other Duties as Assigned
Are you ready to join our team?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that this position would be a great fit for you, please fill out our 3-minute mobile-friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!