Development Associate (Retail/Commercial)
Commercial Development | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Thompson Thrift is seeking to hire a Full-Time Development Associate for the Retail Group for our office in Indianapolis, IN. As an Associate, you will assist with all aspects of development management.
- Assist Development Managers with all aspects of project management.
- Assist with production of reports and general project reporting.
- Maintain files and drawings as required in program such as Procore.
- Process consultant invoices.
- Perform site visits to document and observe construction.
- Coordinate lease deliverables with Tenants, tenant coordination will be required in this role.
- Assist with initial budgeting and conceptual design process.
- Travel to Job Sites as needed.
- Update and track project budget and project schedule.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree in Building Construction, Construction Management or Architecture is preferred, but not required.
- 2+ years of experience in the real estate industry or similar fields.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects while continuing to meet project deadlines.
- Proficient with reading and understanding construction plans and specifications.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of Lease Administration is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to work in a team based environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.), Microsoft Project, Procore, Yardi, Blue Beam is preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees may perform other duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personal hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Performing this job will sometimes require the employee to walk work sites that do not have infrastructure, this includes walking on uneven surfaces, through mud, through ruts, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires the use of hands to finer, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employees must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and the risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned.