Internship | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Thompson Thrift is one of the fastest growing real estate companies in North America and we are looking for you!
Are you a student looking for experience that helps you grow and expand your horizons?
Do you like a fast paced environment working with cutting-edge technologies?
Do you want to come back from your summer internship and brag to your friends about all of the cool projects and experiences you had?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then we need you! Apply now
As the Design Intern, your primary role will be to assist the Design Manager with tasks throughout the entire project design life-cycle. As the Design Intern, you will take direction from the Design Managers, as well as the Director of Preconstruction & Design.
- Conduct municipal code research
- Material takeoffs from CAD drawings and/or PDF’s
- Conduct market research
- Cost Analysis
- Plan Reviews
- Utility Coordination
- Checks for uniformity and compliance with the contract documents/plans including but not limited to: room dimensions, exterior colors, fixtures, and finishes.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Junior, senior or graduate level student in Construction Management.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Bluebeam
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and assemblies.
- Must pay high attention to detail and be very well organized
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in fast paced environment.
Additional Requirements for Internship:
- Flexible to travel up to 2 times per month
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily 'to positively influence our team members and the community around us.' As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our property management teams work in a fun, fast-paced work environment and have tremendous room for professional growth.