Commercial Development | Phoenix, AZ or Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Thompson Thrift is seeking to hire a Full-Time Retail Construction Manager to work out of the Indianapolis, IN or Phoenix, AZ office. As the Retail Construction Manager, you will manage all aspects of retail construction projects from design and budgeting to turn over.
- Civil and Architectural Design Review
- Preliminary Construction Schedule
- Hard Cost Budgets
- Owner’s Representative for Construction
- Assist Project Bidding/Award
- Contract Review
- Construction Administration
- Progress Meetings
- Quality Assurance
- Budget & Schedule oversight and Reporting
- Change Order Management
- Punch List
- Acceptance/Delivery of Possession
- Owner Items – Signage & Landlords Work
- Hand-off to Property Management
- Tenant Coordination
- Tenant Plan & Sign Review/Approval
- Coordination & Delivery of Space to Tenant
- Project Reports
- Organize/Maintain Project Files
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required in the area of Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a Real Estate / Retail construction management position.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to relate well across the organization and with clients.
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills are needed.
- Knowledge of Real Estate Transactions, Construction and Tenant Coordination
- Computer literate with experience in MS Word, Excel, Procore, MS Project
- Detail oriented, purpose driven, accountable, sense of urgency and ownership
- Able to set and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees may perform other duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personal hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Performing this job will sometimes require the employee to walk work sites that do not have infrastructure, this includes walking on uneven surfaces, through mud, through ruts, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires the use of hands to finer, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employees must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and the risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily 'to positively impact our team members and the communities we serve.' As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our property management teams work in a fun, fast-paced work environment and have tremendous room for professional growth. Full time position with benefit package including health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
Are you ready to join our team?