Civil Preconstruction Manager
Corporate | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Watermark Residential is seeking to hire a Full- Time Civil Preconstruction Manager to work out of the Indianapolis, IN office. As the Civil Preconstruction Manager, you work with the design managers throughout all phases of the design/bid/contract process. The major objective of this position is to help oversee the site design of all Watermark projects; including but not limited to civil, landscape architecture and retaining wall design.
You will also take direction from the Director of Civil Engineering and Landscape Architecture and the Director of Preconstruction, as well as assist in all necessary activities to achieve successful projects.
- Review construction documents for completeness, constructability, aesthetics and consistency with Watermark Design Standards
- Assist in plan review to ensure coordination between disciplines; including civil, structural, architectural, MEP, pool, retaining wall and landscape architecture
- Check for uniformity and compliance within the plans, including but not limited to: standard dimensions, detailing, building service leads, utility design and scope, grading and accessibility
- Assist Design Manager with coordination of dry utilities
- Review and understand Geotechnical Reports and assist in analyzing cut/fill documentation for site grading efficiencies
- Help maintain Watermark Design Guidelines Manual
- Assist in maintaining project Plan Review Checklist
- Filing and distribution of the construction documents
- Initiate and track plan revisions on current projects as well as projects in design
- Assist Design Managers in RFP creation and review of proposals and bids
- Track and understand project costs with the goal of minimizing project budget
- Review project RFI’s, submittals and shop drawings for compliance to the contract documents as needed
- Perform material quantity takeoffs
- Compile documents for permit submission
- 4-Year Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Landscape Architecture or Related Field required.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Acrobat Professional (AutoCAD preferred).
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and assemblies required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in fast paced environment.
- Flexibility to travel on several overnight trips.
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily ‘to positively impact our team members and the communities we serve.’ As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our construction teams work in a driven, fast-paced work environment and have tremendous room for professional growth. Full time position with benefit package including health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
Are you ready to join our team?