Civil Design Manager
Corporate | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Thompson Thrift has multiple opportunities for Full-Time Civil Design Managers to collaborate with the design and preconstruction managers throughout all phases of the design/bid/contract process. The major objective of this position is to help oversee the site design of all residential projects; including but not limited to civil, landscape architecture and retaining wall design. You will take direction from the Director of Civil Engineering and Landscape Architecture. You will also assist in all necessary activities to achieve successful projects.
- Review construction documents for completeness, constructability, aesthetics and consistency with residential Design Standards.
- Assist in plan review to ensure coordination between disciplines; including civil, structural, architectural, MEP, pool, retaining wall and landscape architecture.
- Check for uniformity and compliance within the plans, including but not limited to: standard dimensions, detailing, building service leads, utility design and scope, grading and accessibility.
- Identify constructability issues in plans and provide solutions that are cost effective and aesthetically pleasing.
- Collaborate with Design Managers to coordinate dry utilities.
- Review and understand Geotechnical Reports.
- Perform and analyze cut/fill documentation for site grading efficiencies.
- Help maintain Residential Design Guidelines Manual.
- Assist in maintaining project Plan Review Checklist.
- Filing and distribution of the construction documents.
- Initiate and track plan revisions on current projects as well as projects in design.
- Assist Design Managers in RFP creation and review of proposals and bids.
- Track and understand project costs with the goal of minimizing project budget.
- Review project RFI’s, submittals and shop drawings for compliance to the contract documents as needed.
- Perform material quantity takeoffs.
- Compile documents for permit submission.
Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Acrobat Professional (AutoCAD preferred).
4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering, or Related Field preferred.
3-10 years of experience in a design firm is preferred.
Ability to read and understand construction plans and assemblies.
Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in fast paced environment.
Flexible to travel on several overnight trips.
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily ‘to positively impact our team members and the communities we serve.’ As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our construction teams work in a driven, fast-paced work environment and have tremendous room for professional growth. Full time position with benefit package including health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
Are you ready to join our team?