Corporate | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Thompson Thrift is seeking a Full-Time Asset Manager to represent Thompson Thrift Holding (TTH) and Investors (collectively Owners) interest to Property Management, Development and Financial Reporting groups.
As the Asset Manager, you will perform various functions focusing on maximizing property NOI, value and investment returns. You will be responsible for accepting/approving rent structures, commercial deal terms and managing capital expenditures, researching the most consistent and highest sources of revenue, and reducing liability and risk of real estate management and transactions, among other things.
The Asset Manager will report on regular basis (at least monthly or at agreed/appropriate frequency). The written report, including key performance metrics and financials summaries, will be presented to the executive committee regularly, and will at a minimum cover:
- Performance vs. Proforma/Budget (broken into three groups):
- 1. Stabilized Properties
- 2. Leased Up Properties
- 3. Development Properties.
Areas of Focus
- NOI (income, expense, bad debt, etc.)
- Forecast for remainder of the year as well commentary on the upcoming two years.
- Year on Year comparison and analysis
- Leasing statistics (rents, occupancy, rental growth)
- SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats)
- Liabilities (real and perceived)
- Responsible for reporting on development budget performance and other development related financial issues
- Returns, Cash Position and Distributions based on Proformas and Budgets (as above) with an emphasis on supplying reporting, analysis and recommendations for Executive Committee.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and leads the company’s diverse real estate portfolio and initiatives.
- Reviews market and initial site analysis, including trends, competition reports, general site information and setting of rental levels.
- Assist in preparing financial analysis to support commercial lease recommendations and residential rent and/or concessions.
- Oversee the development of property operating budgets and analyzes financial statements, property key metrics, industry benchmarking and other financial information for the entire real estate portfolio.
- Negotiates and recommends the approval of all terms of a commercial lease contract with prospective landlords and partners with internal Legal team to edit lease agreements and necessary legal documents.
- Regularly and efficiently communicates with all parties involved in a project (i.e. sponsor, stakeholders, team members, etc.).
- Communicates resource shortfalls to superiors in a timely manner.
- Actively participates in the investment committee meetings and decisions.
- Routinely visits assets under management.
- Creates and maintain valuations for assets under management.
- Tracks lease expiration and ensures the property management teams are proactively managing expirations and renewals.
- Monitors all leasing activity to insure maximum occupancy and income.
- Renders assistance during disposition of properties.
- Models a full life-cycle financial analysis for projects/assets in the portfolio.
- Review and approve the Investor Update Reports before they are delivered to the investors.
- Monitor investor distributions against our projections.
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of multifamily residential real estate, with a proven track record of successful real estate management and transactions across multiple property types is essential.
- Experience in property management/leasing/operations is desirable; combined with finance or accounting experience preferred.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit, strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Highly developed negotiation skills is required for negotiations with property owners and investors.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, Projects, and Outlook are required.
- Yardi experience preferred.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Marketing, or Real Estate is required.
- MBA preferred.
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily 'to positively impact our team members and the communities we serve.' As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our property management teams work in a fun, fast-paced work environment and have tremendous room for professional growth. Full time position with benefit package including health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
Are you ready to join our team?