Architectural Design Manager
Residential Development | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Thompson Thrift is seeking a Full-Time Architectural Design Manager to work out of the corporate office in Indianapolis, IN. As the Architectural Design Manager, you will be responsible for the overall vision of each project. You will work closely with the Residential Preconstruction Managers, Estimating, and the Director of Resident Experience to ensure that the exteriors and interiors of the project are attractive, cohesive, function well and are of good value to our residents.
- Responsible for overall vision of projects including exteriors and interiors.
- Oversight of all finish selections.
- Coordinates closely with the Interior Design Manager.
- Manages and maintains the Residential finish standards and guidelines.
- Works with all design, development, construction, and property management to balance the look, function, and economics of every decision.
- Helps with drawing correction meetings with QC and warranty – this person would need to help implement any associated design changes.
- Manage prototypes – Any time something changes via RFI, QC or global update, this person would need to discern which projects under construction and design could benefit from the change.
- Needs to be engaged by the development team very early on in the design cycle of a project to conduct research, do site visits and field questions regarding architectural style, product type, amenities, design elements that should be incorporated.
- Reviews Initial Site Plan.
- Conducts meetings with resident experience director and facilitates the implementation of design changes through the design managers and owner’s representatives.
- Facilitates all “global update” drawing changes that need executed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 20% travel with potential for overnight trips.
- Knowledge on architectural design, style, and products.
- An eye for detail on colors, finishes, style, and scale.
- Must have a wide range of knowledge on landscaping, interior design, architecture, MEP equipment, construction assemblies.
- Curious in nature.
- Ability to balance the needs and wants of multiple groups.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Engineering, or Architecture required.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in construction or design with a preference on multi-family.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees may perform other duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands; and verbal communication. The employee frequently uses a computer keyboard and monitor. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is regularly required to be mobile and the employee occasionally travels both short and long distances via a variety of conveyances. The employee occasionally performs work on-site at construction work sites, office locations, and/or off-site venues. Performing this job will sometimes require the employee to walk work sites that do not have infrastructure, this includes walking on uneven surfaces, through mud, through ruts, etc. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office or remote setting. The noise in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate in an office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally work at construction work sites where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and the risk of electrical shock. The noise in the construction work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee is required to work in compliance with company safety policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily ‘to positively impact our team members and the communities we serve.’ As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our construction teams work in a driven, fast-paced work environment and have tremendous room for professional growth. Full time position with benefit package including health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
Are you ready to join our team?