Construction | Terre Haute, IN | Full Time
Watermark Residential, Thompson Thrift Construction and Thompson Thrift Retail Group make up the Thompson Thrift family of businesses focused on real estate development, property management, leasing and construction management services. Our team members work in a fun, fast-paced work environment guided by our core values of excellence, leadership and service. With the opportunity for professional growth, you’ll have a chance to expand your skills and build relationships throughout the company by participating in activities like our CEO Round Tables, Emerging Leaders program, Ignite Leadership Training initiatives and any number of other learning and networking programs. This position includes a full benefit packaging including health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
This position will provide accounting and financial support services for Thompson Thrift. This position is primarily responsible for accounts payable, bank reconciliation, payroll and maintaining the general ledger with major or minor responsibility in one or more areas. This position will serve in different roles to assist in accounts receivable, insurance billing and payroll processing.
- An Associates’ degree in accounting, finance, business management, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years related work experience
- Work experience in handling high volume Accounts Payable.
- Proficient in Excel and a working knowledge of other Microsoft programs required.
- Sage / accounting software experience preferred.
- Must be able to work independently.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions
- Enter all invoices and print checks.
- Oversee accounts payable record keeping, supervision and recording of amounts due, verification of invoices, and calculation of discounts.
- Ensure that vendors and suppliers are paid accurately and within established time limits.
- Maintain W-9’s and insurance for all active vendors.
- Attach images in Timberscan for required transactions.
- Provide assistance to other Accounting Associates as needed.
- Review all timesheets and process payroll through ADP bi-weekly as required.
- Verify all hours match/ or are correctly approved for payroll period.
- Verify all job coding is entered correctly if needed.
- Process all required deductions and bonuses.
- Maintain/update ADP settings and validation tables as needed.
- Demonstrate ongoing responsibility for self-education.
- Participate in employee orientation
OR Other Duties
- 1099 Printing and Reconciliation
- Financial Reports
- Account Reconciliation including Petty Cash
- All other duties as assigned.