Senior UX Designer
Design | Hollywood, CA | Full Time
About the company:
NOM [Not Ordinary Media] (http://www.thisisnom.co) provides advertisers with the only singular solution to create, manage, compare, reallocate spend, and make real-time decisions to optimize video buys across social media platforms. NOM works with brands such as BOSE, MGA, Pernod Ricard, Harley Davidson, Universal Pictures and Callaway Golf, among others.
About the position:
NOM seeks to add a full-time Senior UX Designer to our rapidly expanding team. We want somebody that thrives in a fast paced, exciting and hyper growth environment and who is eager to learn and have a lot of fun. You will interact closely with our executive team and report directly to the COO.
We are headquartered in Los Angeles. NOM provides a dynamic, fast-paced, pet-friendly team environment. No egos. No jerks. No prima donnas allowed. Just awesome people who live and breathe what they do. We are a thriving startup that takes care of our people and provides lots of room for growth. Full-time employees receive comprehensive medical benefits, paid holidays & time off, fun events, a fully stocked kitchen, and more!
The design & development problems that we are trying to solve revolve around ad-tech data and consumer behavior. This would be an opportunity for you to have significant independence, work on challenging problems, define the design process, and have immediate & tangible impact. We are well funded with a collaborative environment, work with well-known brands and provide good benefits, all out of a beautiful workspace.
- Assist in the process of requirements elicitation
- Design project leadership – “make it happen” by reaching out key stakeholders and driving to a consensus on how to realize it.
- Design communication and documentation through annotated wireframe creation
- Interactive prototyping
- Usability testing
- User research
- Work closely with engineering
- Work closely with and potentially manage visual design team as well
- Work with marketing to create experiences and conduct experiments with users to continuously improve the product based on real behavior using your keen design sensibility
- 5+ Years hands-on experience creating rapid prototypes, user stories, research, concept sketches, storyboards, information architecture, interaction design, user experience, interface design, visual design, infographics
- Expertise in Sketch and Invision
- A strong portfolio or work samples showcasing UX prowess, creativity, critical thinking, and fluency in best practices for user-centered design
- Broad experience designing web and mobile applications coupled with an ability to synthesize complexity of all sorts and a strong intuition for simplicity
- Articulate communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively
- Experience working with startups and a demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multitask in an agile environment
- Punctual and reliable
- Self-reflective individual with positive and honest attitude
- Demonstrates common sense and exercises good judgement when faced with emergencies
- Humility & emotional maturity
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Stock options
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Remote flex-time available in certain situations
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.