FREELANCE Visual Designer
Design | Hollywood, CA | Contract
About the company:
Not Ordinary Media (“NOM”) (http://www.thisisnom.co) provides advertisers with the only singular solution to create, manage, compare, reallocate spend, and make real-time decisions to optimize video buys across social media platforms. NOM works with brands such as BOSE, MGA, Pernod Ricard, Harley Davidson, Universal Pictures and Callaway Golf, among others.
About the position:
As a freelance Visual Designer for NOM., you’ll be responsible for the visual design of NOM’s customer touchpoints that range from our enterprise product to our marketing. This includes owning the style guide and component library, working with the product team to create a cohesive language and pattern across applications to design the future of how our users engage with patients. Additionally, you will be responsible for our website update. This assignment is expected to last 4-6 weeks.
We are headquartered in Los Angeles. NOM provides a dynamic, fast-paced, pet-friendly team environment. No egos. No jerks. No prima donnas allowed. Just awesome people who live and breathe what they do. We are a thriving startup that takes care of our people and provides lots of room for growth.
The design & development problems that we are trying to solve revolve around ad-tech data and consumer behavior. This would be an opportunity for you to have significant independence, work on challenging problems, define the design process, and have immediate & tangible impact. We are well funded with a collaborative environment, work with well-known brands and provide good benefits, all out of a beautiful workspace.
- Define and maintain a consistent design system to be applied across the NOM suite of digital products and services
- Inspire UX/UI designers, cross-functional team-members, and business leaders by being a thought leader and champion of visual design across the company
- Execute on detailed design and strategy
- You will work directly with the COO and Senior UX Designer and the development team on SaaS product and marketing landing pages to translate our users’ needs into a cohesive, usable and beautiful system.
- You will be expected to create digital UI guidelines/framework to support strategy.
- You will collaborate closely with other designers, product managers, and engineers to bring design concepts to life with component libraries, style guides, and design strategy.
- Minimum of 6 years of total work experience (including internships); Minimum 3 years of visual design experience
- Excellent design, color, and typographic skills
- A process-driven approach to design
- Highly organized with a tremendous attention to detail
- Expertise in Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Expertise in presentation design within Keynote and Powerpoint
- Strong understanding of user experience, web design principles, information architecture, and social media
- A strong portfolio. We'd like to see examples of your past work and creative execution
- Familiarity with the usage and capabilities of HTML5 as well as other web development/production tools is a plus
- Articulate communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively
- Experience working with startups and a demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-‐task in an agile environment