Community Activities | San Jose, CA | Full Time
The Villages Golf & Country Club, a 55+ leisure living community, is situated in the beautiful Evergreen foothills of San Jose, California. We are looking for a professional and motivated Janitor to join our team.
Clean and maintain Club Facilities including but not limited to the following areas.
- Guest Rooms, Centers & Kitchens, Lounge Areas, Conference and Meeting Rooms, Hobby Rooms, Pool Area furniture & Shower/Restroom facilities, Fitness Center & Restrooms, Billiard Room, Library, Club Room, Security Plaza, Common Laundry Rooms, Villager Offices, VMA, Post Office, and Multi-Purpose Rooms.
- Safely and effectively use a variety of cleaning compounds and equipment.
- Able to properly clean and maintain floors, carpets, walls, windows, sills, doors, ledges, baseboards, appliances, furniture, fixtures, accessories, and empty trash.
- Keep all dispensers in areas stocked with soap, toilet tissue, paper towels, toilet seat covers and cleaning incidentals.
- Provide room set-ups as required.
- Lift 50 pounds with assistance.
- Perform minor maintenance repairs.
- Report damaged, broken or unsafe conditions immediately to Supervisor
40 hours/week, 4:30am/5:00am – 1:30pm, assigned days depending on responsibilities, Tues & Wed off
Employee will perform any other duties as necessary and, or as directed.
Works closely with other janitors and Club Maintenance Supervisor. Interfaces with the Director of Community Activities, Villages Golf and Country Club employees, and the residents.
Work Conditions and Equipment
Work will be performed in a variety of settings; both indoors and outdoors with exposure to the elements; dust, and wetness. Employee will possess a valid California Drivers License and will use own insured personal vehicle to travel between job sites on grounds, if company vehicles (2) are not available. Employee will wear company issued uniform and closed toed shoes. Employee will have a clean and neat appearance. Able to work any day as scheduled. Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
Employee will work at heights up to 25 feet. Employee will work with a variety of cleaning chemicals.
Equipment – Employee will competently use a variety of janitorial equipment and some hand tools. These include but are not limited to mops, wringer, buckets, squeegees, brooms vacuums, floor machines, steam carpet cleaner, shop vacuum, hydraulic lift, ladders, brushes, screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers, and hammer.
- Prefer high school graduate. Consider person with at least an eight grade education. Speak, read, and write English.
- Minimum of one year paid janitorial experience.
Work effectively and efficiently with co-workers. Work under pressure. Able to complete assigned duties within a reasonable time limitation. Able to use hand tools safely and competently. Able to identify cleaning products; and their usage Able to effectively use janitorial equipment.
Work is physically demanding. Requires a full range of body motion. Able to lift and carry 50 lbs. Requires repetitive pushing, standing, walking, stooping, twisting, climbing, kneeling and reaching. Acute vision and hearing required. Involves exposure to dust, chemicals, hazardous machinery, poor lighting, gas, wet quarters, noise cluttered floors, paint, and poor ventilation.