Clubhouse Floor Manager
Food and Beverage | San Jose, CA | Full Time
The Villages Golf & Country Club, a 55+ leisure living community, is situated in the beautiful Evergreen foothills of San Jose, California. We are looking for experienced, professional to join our team. Full-time positions offer competitive pay and benefits.
Responsible for the administration of The Villages clubhouse operation, including but not limited to banquet/catering services at other clubhouse centers.
- Assist with monthly beverage inventory
- Consistently maintain a high quality of food and beverage services
- Involves supervision of all staff in all restaurant and bistro operations
- Maintains high level of service by friendly, polite and trained personnel. Builds and maintains team work, monthly training sessions with service staff
- Tracks employee food handler cards and compliance
- Disciplines as necessary, following accepted procedures as mandated by the Villages management policies, current labor laws and in consultation with the Human Resources Director and Food and Beverage Director
- Demonstrate leadership, ability to supervise, evaluate and appraise performance to effectively motivate service department personnel
- Responsible for safe operation of department functions, safe training of employees,
- Accident investigation and reporting and corrective action
- Ensures all funds/ petty cash and check request handling is accurately accomplished and appropriate changes are made as necessary
- POS menu and submenu creation and maintenance
- Daily expediting of food or bar service during dining hours
- Maintains customer satisfaction and responds promptly to all problems involving food and services
- Maintain daily shift meetings, daily shift reports
- Monitor reservation
- Maintain daily side work log and training log
- Daily update menu specials
- Support floor managers and taking the lead
- Timely distribution of weekly schedules for FOH
- Monitor Payroll and Schedules
- Possess basic math and language skills, including the ability to follow instructions and communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing).
- You should have strong people skills and a yearning to please your customers.
- Multitasking, reasoning, problem-solving, and paying attention to detail are desirable, along with the ability to maintain poise in fast-paced, high-stress situations.
- Ability to work both independently and under direction
- Must be able to handle and work under stress
- Must be able to understand and follow instructions
- Must have a positive attitude
- Must be a team player and be able to communicate effectively
- Minimum three years of experience is required
- Ability to read and write English, Spanish speaking a plus
- Ability to work under pressure
Salary: $60,000 - $68,000 year
NOTE: THE EMPLOYEE WILL PERFORM ANY OTHER DUTIES AS NECESSARY AND/OR AS DIRECTED.
This position requires mobility, including but not limited to, extensive standing, moderate walking, bending, twisting, reaching below and above shoulders, hand manipulation, and finger dexterity. One must possess good vision, hearing, and the ability to work safely with hazardous tools. The ability to lift up to 50 pounds.