Senior Management Consultant
Consulting | San Francisco/Los Angeles | Full Time
The Trium Group is hiring talented and experienced management consultants to join our team based in either San Francisco or Los Angeles (but remotely from home for the time being). Our culture encourages a deeply thoughtful mixture of personal and professional development as we lead our clients on a journey that changes them and their companies in a deep and meaningful way.
Come work in an environment that will give you exposure to the world's most powerful business leaders, challenge you to continually develop professionally and personally, and put you on the front lines of the most transformative business consulting work in the world. If you are looking for a place where you can make a huge impact, where each member of the team is constantly bringing their A-game, and where you will be perpetually challenged to punch above your weight, The Trium Group is the place for you.
What we are looking for
We are seeking a Manager to help realize our mission to change the world by changing the way business leaders think. This is a rare opportunity to engage in the traditional management consulting practice of defining and implementing strategy while focusing deeply on the leadership and cultural dynamics that feed long-term business success.
This is a particularly exciting point in Trium history because we are at an intersection of 20+ years of very successful client engagements and thought leadership but are also experiencing a growth trajectory that is reminiscent of a newly formed company. We have a need for high-energy, forward-focused, experienced business leaders to drive this increasingly important work. If you are looking to increase your impact and can describe yourself in the following way, you might want to take a closer look at this opportunity:
- 7+ years of experience including a mix of management consulting, in-house strategy work, and/or business school
- A practiced business professional with leadership experience and a passion for management consulting
- Excellent grasp of business strategy PLUS organizational and leadership issues with an increasing awareness that the most powerful business leaders seek insights that go beyond traditional business measures
- Exceptional communication, presentation, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel occasionally (when safe to do so)
Why you will really love this opportunity
- You are an over-achiever who typically gravitates to both formal and informal leadership
- You are an experienced Management Consultant who has come to recognize the fallacy of most traditional consulting practices and how they fail to address the internal drivers enabling really powerful leadership and breakthrough performance
- You take a deeply curious approach to your own development and understand the value of integrating that with your consulting work
You will have the opportunity to meet with world-class business leaders, diagnose organizational health, define and communicate strategic vision, create client-ready deliverables, and build Trium's culture. This role centers around the following responsibilities:
- Manage end-to-end consulting engagements including drafting new business proposals and maintaining the work plan throughout the project lifecycle.
- Keep both the client and the Trium team informed, aligned, and deployed over the course of the project
- Engage with clients to understand their system more clearly, the issues they face, and the mindsets and behaviors that will support their transformative vision
- Create compelling strategic and client insights including diagnosing root challenges and distilling qualitative and quantitative data into meaningful and synthesized findings
- Collaborate with the lead partner to design powerful, interactive client experiences
- Facilitate client interactions ranging from interviews to project check-ins and breakout groups
- Provide thought leadership around the research, development, and implementation practices of Trium intellectual property
- Influence the business development pipeline through the growth and maintenance of strong client relationships
- Play a meaningful role in firm leadership by enabling professional development, mentoring, team leadership, and recruiting
- Collaborate, partner, and pitch in; Everyone on the Trium team, regardless of position, title, or experience, is fully accountable for helping our clients successfully achieve a set of outcomes
What makes a great Trium Manager
- Operates with the belief that work should be about doing something awesome and fulfilling.
- Passionate about helping leaders build healthy, high-performing organizations
- Experienced traditional management consultant but found the outside-in approach to be un-inspiring and oftentimes ineffective
- Worked in an operating role at the types of companies we serve and have come to appreciate the holistic nature of leadership, culture, and strategy and the role they play in building high-performing organizations
- Shows up with gravitas, confidence, and a relatable personality
- Possesses a responsible mindset with the ability to self-reflect and adjust accordingly
- Strong character with a passion for self-discovery and personal development
- Understands the connection between strong organizational performance, human relationships, and individual mindset
The Trium Group is a west coast-based management consulting firm that helps organizations solve their most complex strategic, operational, cultural and leadership challenges. Trium delivers its work with a unique, higher-level mission: to change the world by changing the way business leaders think. Since it was founded in 1998, Trium has served more than 150 leading global companies including Activision, Barclays Global Investors, Cisco, Dropbox, GE, Gap, Genentech, Lululemon, McKesson, NetApp, SAP, Sephora, StubHub, VMware, and Virgin Atlantic Airways.