Custom Picture Framer
Framing | Tampa, FL | Full Time
The Sports Mall is currently seeking a custom framer for our sports memorabilia business.
Candidates will have experience with cutting mats, mouldings and acrylic, mounting art, and finishing and packaging completed frames. You must have strong time-management and organizational skills, as well as a high attention to detail. We hold our products to the highest quality standard and put customer experience above everything else, so extreme respect for materials and the custom framing process is vital.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Anything from art mounting, matting, moulding and acrylic cutting, to finishing and packaging
- Very fast-paced (but meticulous and careful!) work using framing shop equipment: pneumatic staple gun, hand-held drill, hand-held tape gun, safety razor, hammer, etc.
- Review and preparation of final framed products for delivery to customer
- 1 - 2 years of experience in a fast-paced production or service role
- Team player and go-getter with strong multitasking skills who thrives in a bustling environment.
- Great time-management and organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Pride in your work and enthusiasm for the framing process
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience with art or carpentry a plus
- Ability to complete a background check and drug screen successfully
- Ability to cut 4 ply and 8 ply mats by hand
- Ability to use a computerized mat cutting (CMC) system
- Experience cutting glass
- Experience with the use of a dry mount press
- Use of a double mitre saw
- Frame joining using a frame under-pinner
- Canvas stretching
- Shadow box construction/completion a plus
- Experience framing textiles
- Existing knowledge of framing products, framing vendors, and framing industry specific tools
- Must be computer literate and possess basic arithmetic skills
- Must posses stamina
- Must be able to lift boxes up to 50 lbs