Medical Assistant and Front Office Support
Office | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Under the direction of the Physician and Office Manager is responsible for daily maintenance of the office and patients and all aspects of the clinic. This includes strategizing and problem solving and ensuring high levels of customer service and providing clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality and efficient care.
Successful candidate will possess outstanding leadership, communication and customer service skills as well as the ability to diffuse difficult scheduling conflicts efficiently with strategy. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate previous successful/positive customer service encounters or programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verifies patient insurance
- Answer and manage phone calls in an efficient, friendly, and professional manner.
- Schedules new patient appointments to ensure efficient and accurate processing of information.
- Sets priorities and organizes work, able to demonstrate active multi-tasking skills in a busy work environment.
- Organize medical record requests with basic HIPPA understanding
- Performs related work as required
- Maintains patient care areas as follows:
- Cleans (daily) all community areas
- Inventories supplies daily and orders as appropriate
- Performs tasks under the direction of provider and management
- Promote positive relationships with scheduling coordinators, physician, physician assistant and nursing staff members throughout the scheduling process.
- Cross trains with other areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Medical Assistant certification from accredited school.
- Minimum 2 years of hospital or medical office experience a plus.
- MUST have knowledge with insurance benefits, eligibility, and authorization.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.
- Ability to use time wisely in preparing work area to meet high-paced demand.
- Show a genuine desire to work and improve the clinic as a whole.
- Strong medical terminology and anatomy
- Must have knowledge of medical insurances
- Must demonstrate excellent phone etiquette and exceptional customer service skills.
- Familiar with using EMR system, E-clinical a plus.
- Comfortable using Windows-based computer programs, and interfacing with digital e-partners.
- Solid communicator and good team player with strong time management skills.
- Korean Speaking, a plus
Our competitive salary and benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, and paid time off.
Please submit your resume with cover letter. All applicants who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.
· Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
· DO NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers