Strategic Research Analyst
Strategic Research and Campaigns | Washington, DC | Full Time
The Strategic Organizing Center is seeking a Strategic Research Analyst (SRA) to conduct research in support of strategic campaigns, and works with SOC and affiliate field, research, communications, and legal staff to execute campaign tactics. The SOC – formerly Change to Win – is a dynamic coalition of North America’s most progressive labor unions and a leading force for social, racial and economic justice in our country. The SOC’s Strategic Research and Campaigns team develops and executes comprehensive corporate reform campaigns in partnership with SOC affiliate unions.
- Examine market and industry trends, analyze the growth and development plans of key market players and track relevant policy and legislative developments.
- Conduct original research, both qualitative and quantitative in nature, using a wide variety of research resources and methods.
- Collect and maintain source data and materials needed to support research conclusions with precision and accuracy.
- Draft a variety of written work products for a wide range of audiences including regulators, allies, policymakers and the media.
- Participate in campaign field activities with unions, workers and coalition partners.
- BA degree or higher
- Strong quantitative and analytic research skills
- Familiarity with database software
- Excellent writing ability
- Excellent people skills
- Experience conducting financial and corporate research a plus
- Strong commitment to progressive social change
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and in a team
- Experience with union, political or community organizing a plus
- Valid driver’s license and some travel required
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours, including work on weekends as necessary, as the demand and needs of particular campaigns dictate.
- Spanish and/or other non-English language skills a plus
Location: The SOC’s offices are in New York City and Washington, DC. Applicants wishing to live in other geographies as their home base will be also be considered.
Compensation: $57k-$63k (depending on experience) plus excellent benefits.
Women and people of color are strongly urged to apply. The Strategic Organizing Center does not discriminate in any of its programs, procedures or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.