Strategic Campaign Director
Strategic Research and Campaigns | New York, NY | Full Time
The Strategic Organizing Center (SOC) is seeking a Strategic Campaign Director to lead campaigns that challenge America’s largest corporations to take responsibility for how their business practices impact working families and their communities. Strategic Campaign Directors lead the research, development and execution of strategy for comprehensive corporate reform campaigns. The SOC – formerly Change to Win – is a dynamic coalition of North America’s most progressive labor unions and a leading force for social, racial and economic justice in our country. The SOC’s Strategic Research and Campaigns team develops and executes comprehensive corporate reform campaigns in partnership with SOC affiliate unions.
Strategic Campaign Directors use a variety of skills to develop and implement campaigns.
The overall work consists of designing in-depth research plans, building relationships with both external and internal partners and coordinating a multi-disciplinary team to design and execute campaign strategy and tactics. Strategic Campaign Directors have a supervisory level of responsibility, and oversee both the work product and development of team members. The Strategic Campaign Director must have proven research skills and must be an experienced leader in a campaign environment.
- A minimum of seven years of campaign experience in union, political or community organizing
- BA degree or higher
- Strong campaign skills a must
- Excellent research, writing and speaking skills required
- Experience in corporate research and analysis required
- Experience in shaping internal and external messages
- Familiarity with legal and regulatory frameworks
- Ability to plan, organize and execute major campaign elements
- Experience supervising a team of co-workers
- Ability to train, develop and coordinate the work of staff
- Ability to work under pressure
- Spanish and/or other non-English language skills a plus
- Familiarity with database software
- Excellent people skills and must be a team player
- Strong commitment to progressive social change
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours, including work on weekends as necessary, as the demand and needs of particular campaigns dictate.
- Valid driver’s license and travel is required
Location: The SOC’s offices are in New York City and Washington, DC. Applicants wishing to live in other geographies as their home base will be also be considered.
Compensation: $85k-$110k (depending on experience) plus excellent benefits.
Women and people of color are strongly urged to apply. The SOC does not discriminate in any of its programs, procedures or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.