Manufacturing Engineer - Hayward
Engineering | Hayward, CA | Full Time
Manufacturing Engineer (Hayward / Castro Valley)
Therm-x is a leader in advanced temperature and process control systems for hi-tech industries. Therm-x is continuously developing advanced staffing, tools for design, and analysis of customer requirements, as well as sophisticated manufacturing capabilities to support design, production, test and delivery of temperature and process control systems.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide engineering support to assigned work centers, including day-to-day problem solving.
- Identify, initiate, and complete improvement projects for assigned work centers.
- Work with other departments within the company (quality, planning, design engineering, etc.) to design, analyze, and improve manufacturing methods.
- Write and maintain manufacturing process documentation, including operational method sheets, standard operating procedures, and work instructions.
- Provide training for associates on manufacturing processes.
Required Education and Training:
- BS Mechanical/Industrial Engineering and 0-2 years of engineering work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Competent with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Fundamental knowledge of different manufacturing, machining, and inspection processes.
- Fundamental knowledge of American Welding Society (AWS) standards and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Basic knowledge of the nature of materials, specifically of aluminum and stainless steel.
- Basic knowledge of statistical process control (SPC) methods.
- Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing and process improvement tools (e.g. Six Sigma).
- Basic knowledge of problem-solving methodologies (e.g. PDCA, 8D).
- Hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with both Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG) and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (TIG).
- Experience with CAD software (e.g. Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor).
- Experience with statistical software (e.g. Minitab, SAS).
- Able to set goals and establish priorities with minimal direction.
- Function as a team leader that works well and communicates effectively with all members of the work group.
- Exhibit a passion for product quality, process improvement, and cost reduction.
- Utilizes superior skills and dedication to on-going learning.
Therm-x of California is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Therm-x of California conducts background checks, which complies with applicable law, on applicants who accept employment offers.