Engineering | Hayward, CA | Full Time
Therm-x of Californian is the leading manufacture for Advanced Temperature and Control Systems for Hi-Technology industries. We have been in business for over 30 years and have a diverse customer base. We offer competitive pay, medical, dental, and 401k benefits.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods. Create and implement work instructions, solve manufacturing and technical issues as they arise.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials, soliciting observations from operators.
- Specifies, designs and/or procures special tooling or equipment required to manufacture product per customer requirements within budgeted cost and lead time
- Validate and/or program CNC code to ensure that cost-effective manufacturing technologies are being fully utilized
- Write clear, concise documentation of OMS (Operational Method Sheets) and procedures
- Provide technical assistance and leadership to others as necessary
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Interface with suppliers, subcontractors, and contract manufacturers as needed
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Education and Training
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Electro-Mechanical or equivalent)
- 2-5 years of experience in manufacturing environment
- Knowledge in milling, turning, honing, CNC programming
- Knowledge of non-destructive testing and dimensional/visual inspection techniques
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Read and interpret assembly drawings, Blue prints and electrical Schematics
- Read bill of materials and identify all components specified
- Self-motivated, requiring minimum supervision
Therm-x of California is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
As part of Therm-x employment process, all job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law.