Engineering | Hayward, CA | Full Time
Therm-x of California is the leading manufacturer of Advanced Temperature and Control Systems for Hi-Technology industries. We have been in business for over 30 years and have a diverse customer base. We offer competitive pay, medical, dental, 401 (K), and paid time off.
Therm-x of California is looking for the right candidate who will be responsible for driving continuous improvement of production and processes to ensure maximum production quality while supporting Company policies, goals and objectives.
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
- Perform new project risk analysis.
- Review engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Define necessary tooling and fixture designs for product manufacturing.
- Estimate production costs, cost saving methods, and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action, and control.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer.
- Coordinate and implement quality control objectives, first article activities, or procedures to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, or minimize costs.
- Life testing, FMEA and MTBF
- BS Mechanical/Industrial Engineering and 0-2 years of engineering work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Competent with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Fundamental knowledge of different manufacturing, machining, and inspection processes.
- Fundamental knowledge of American Welding Society (AWS) standards and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Basic knowledge of the nature of materials, specifically of aluminum and stainless steel.
- Basic knowledge of statistical process control (SPC) methods.
- Basic knowledge of FEA (Thermal/stress analysis).
- Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing and process improvement tools (e.g. Six Sigma).
- Basic knowledge of problem-solving methodologies (e.g. 8D).
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with CAD software (e.g. Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor).
- Experience with statistical software (e.g. JMP).
Therm-x of California is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.