Horizontal Mill Machinist - 1st and 2nd Shift
Machining | Hayward, CA | Full Time
Therm-x of California is the leading manufacturer of advanced temperature and control systems for high technology industries. Our company develops creative ways to most effectively measure temperature in applications ranging from chocolates to aerospace. The markets we serve include semiconductor and electronics, alternative energy, medical/biotech, defense/aerospace, petrochemical, and food/beverage industries. Cutting-edge manufacturing and advanced engineering capabilities allow us to support the evolving and unique temperature management needs of clients who envision innovative process solutions.
- Set up and operation of Horizontal Cell System to produce parts to blueprint specifications.
- Work with programmers to improve machine efficiency and document processes for repeatability.
- Familiar with the use of, tool presetters, Renishaw probing, and tool life management.
- Experience with Fanuc controls is a must.
- Hitachi Seiki Siecos control is a plus.
- Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing of cell system is a plus.
- Minimum 10 years experience in complex set up and operating of CNC machining centers.
- Good organizational and planning skills and self-motivated.
- Able to read G-codes
- Able to read, interpret, and work from engineering prints, drawings and sketches.
- Knowledge in GD&T (Geometric, Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
- Able to use hand tools and measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers, test indicators, & depth mics.
- Strong Math skills.
- Experienced working with many types of materials including aluminum, stainless steel, inconel, and Teflon, Delrin and Peek.
- Ability to multi-task and run multiple machines at the same time.
- Understand the safety requirements of CNC machining centers and its practices per OSHA regulations.
- Experience in a fast-paced, high volume manufacturing environment.
- Good communications skills required.
Therm-x of California is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Therm-x of California conducts background checks, which complies with applicable law, on applicants who accept employment offers.