Facility Maintenance Technician
Facilities | Hayward, CA | Full Time
Therm-x of California is the leading manufacturer of advanced temperature and control systems for high technology industries. Our company develops creative ways to most effectively measure temperature in applications ranging from chocolates to aerospace. The markets we serve include semiconductor and electronics, alternative energy, medical/biotech, defense/aerospace, petrochemical, and food/beverage. Cutting-edge manufacturing and advanced engineering capabilities allow us to support the evolving and unique temperature management needs of clients. We offer competitive pay, medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, and 401k benefits.
The Facility Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the repairs and maintenance of our facilities. The ideal candidate will assist the facilities team with maintaining a safe and clean environment for our employees and customers.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance task to identify all potential mechanical and electrical issues with equipment throughout the plant
- Follow daily work schedules to complete all assigned PM’s, Corrective, Safety and Quality work orders
- Perform safety inspections of guarding, tripping hazards, proper use and handling of equipment
- Investigate mechanical and electrical problems, analyze cause and make suggestions to keep problems from recurring utilizing the Risk Assessment process
- Keep accurate records pertaining to parts usage, procedures, shift notes and other records assigned
- Perform all work in an organized manner, including clean-up
- Perform mechanical and electrical functions necessary in major project installations
- Routinely maintain a clean facility with scheduled daily tasks.
- Reading and understanding Mechanical/Electrical blueprints, parts and instruction manuals
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to perform basic math computations to determine gear ratios
- Ability to fabricate and make repairs utilizing shop equipment
- Ability to mechanically and electrically assemble and disassemble machinery, troubleshoot, repair, replace equipment and ability to install/remove equipment
Education and Training
- High School Graduate or equivalent on the job experience in related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in mechanical and building maintenance
Therm-x of California is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Therm-x of California conducts background checks, which complies with applicable law, on applicants who accept employment offers.