Facility Maintenance Technician
Facilities | Hayward, CA | Full Time
Facility Maintenance Technician
Therm-x of California is the leading manufacturer of advanced temperature and control systems for high technology industries. Our company develops creative ways to most effectively measure temperature in applications ranging from chocolates to aerospace. The markets we serve include semiconductor and electronics, alternative energy, medical/biotech, defense/aerospace, petrochemical, and food/beverage. Cutting-edge manufacturing and advanced engineering capabilities allow us to support the evolving and unique temperature management needs of clients. We offer competitive pay, medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, and 401k benefits.
The Facility Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the repairs and maintenance of our facilities. The ideal candidate will assist the facilities team with maintaining a safe and clean environment for our employees and customers.
Requirements include, but not limited to
- Evaluates work order to determine scope and work procedures necessary to perform job.
- Identifies standard tools, equipment’s, materials, methods, and practices used in multiple building maintenance crafts.
- Offers assistance to other technician’s assisting in assignments.
Education and Training
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Four years of general maintenance experience including carpentry, electrical, painting, and/or plumbing duties. Jobs related vocational training or other education may substitute for the required experience on a year-to-year basis.
- Must obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of California and a safe driving record.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of a skill in use of standard tools, equipment, materials, methods, and practices in multiple building maintenance crafts.
- Thorough knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions related to multiple building maintenance crafts.
- Ability to use basic shop math applications.
- Ability to read, interpret, and work from rough sketches, drawings.
- Ability to locate and identify troubles in appropriate building systems or equipment and to plan and perform necessary repairs.
- Ability to operate or use respirators, breathing machines, eye shields and related safety equipment.
- Ability to work in the following conditions: heat, cold, heights, temperature swings, outdoors, indoors, trenches, or around the following conditions: mechanical, electrical, explosive, fume/odor, dust/mites, toxic waste, chemical hazards and noise.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to understand and follow simple written and oral instructions.
- Ability to respond to emergency situation in a timely manner.
May be required to work in conditions including cold, heat, temperature swings, noise, outdoors and indoors, in trenches, and around mechanical, electrical, explosive, fume/odor, dust/chemical, and/or waste hazards. May be required to work in locations that involve hazardous environments requiring protective equipment that conforms to OSHA regulations and some physical discomforts due to temperature, dust, and noise.
Assists in the creation of a culture of safety and environmental protection by performing work safely, in accordance with departmental safety procedures. Operates equipment safety and reports any unsafe work or issues to supervisor.
Therm-x of California is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Therm-x of California conducts background checks, which complies with applicable law, on applicants who accept employment offers.