Machining | Hayward, CA | Full Time
Therm-x of California is the leading manufacturer of advanced temperature and control systems for high technology industries. Our company develops creative ways to most effectively measure temperature in applications ranging from chocolates to aerospace. The markets we serve include semiconductor and electronics, alternative energy, medical, biotech, defense, aerospace, petrochemical food and beverage industries. Cutting-edge manufacturing and advanced engineering capabilities allow us to support the evolving and unique temperature management needs of clients who envision innovative process solutions.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes, medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and 401k benefits just to name a few.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Program Mill and/or lathe manufacturing equipment and define processes from design stage through the final production manufacturing. Possesses a solid understanding of machining, tooling, and computer aided manufacturing systems.
- Participates on manufacturing and quality cross-functional teams and demonstrates a commitment to meeting scheduled release dates and customer requirements.
- Specifies machine process type and associated fixture and tooling requirements.
- Read and understand blueprints and GD&T (ASME Y14.5-2009 standard).
- Analyze drawings, Solid Models, and sketches to determine dimensions and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, machine speeds and feed rates according to shop processes, customer specifications, and machine capabilities.
- Prepare operation instruction sheets, geometric layouts to outline sequence of operations, and cutter setup to guide setup and operation of machine.
- Maintain programs to eliminate instruction errors, omissions, and update programs with new technology/methods to improve efficiency. Follow PGM control process and adhere to Change control procedures.
- Responsible for the implementation of Corrective Actions on parts that result in non-conformance due to programming concerns.
- Documents the in-process inspection procedures and complete in process inspection sheets.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge CNC machine tool capabilities and tooling in order to provide continuous process improvements, quality improvements, and cost reductions.
- Provides manufacturing assistance and expertise in addition to the regular support of manufacturing supervision and quality personnel.
- Strong communication skills and desire to work with the team.
- Self-motivated and able to accomplish a high level of work without supervision.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Team player who works and communicates well with all members of a workgroup and /or other departments.
- Process a high skill level, attention to detail and takes pride in consistently delivering products that meets or exceeds specifications.
- Learn and follow standard operating procedures and configuration management procedures.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with MasterCAM and/or Esprit
- AA or BS Manufacturing Engineering degree preferred, but not required based on experience.
- 5 plus years of CNC programming experience.
- Solid understanding of machining, tooling, and computer aided manufacturing systems.
- Strong programming, mathematics, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Proficient Microsoft Windows software applications.
Therm-x of California is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Therm-x of California conducts background checks, which complies with applicable law, on applicants who accept employment offers.