CNC Lathe Machinist – 1st and 2nd shift
Machining | Hayward, CA | Full Time
Therm-x of California is the leading manufacturer of advanced temperature and control systems for high technology industries. Our company develops creative ways to most effectively measure temperature in applications ranging from chocolates to aerospace. The markets we serve include semiconductor and electronics, alternative energy, medical/biotech, defense/aerospace, petrochemical, and food/beverage industries. Cutting-edge manufacturing and advanced engineering capabilities allow us to support the evolving and unique temperature management needs of clients who envision innovative process solutions.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes, medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and 401k benefits just to name a few.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- This position requires knowledge of metal cutting machining procedures, shop mathematics, metal properties, and layout.
- Work directly with department leads and engineering team to run part specific process instructions.
- Prove out CNC Programs and Process instructions for engineering changes and new part programs.Document any changes to the CNC Program or Setup/Fixtures.
- Ability to use hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Must be able to read and interpret basic manufacturing drawings and understand basic Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance standard (GD&T).
- Make adjustments to the tool compensation values in the machine control to keep the machine features within process control limits. Optimize Speeds and Feeds to produce quality parts. Document changes and provide feedback to the Programming Supervisor.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments.
- Document in-process inspection using QAR-F24.
- Responsibilities include operate and maintain manual, CNC machines and saw machines.
- Perform daily TPM.
- Repair CNC Machine (minor repairs).
- Keep machinery and work area clean and organized.
- Complete all router, setup sheet, process documentation or other documentation requested.
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
High School Graduate
Mazak Integrex experience a plus
CNC experience: 2 years
Therm-x of California is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Therm-x of California conducts background checks, which complies with applicable law, on applicants who accept employment offers.