Materials | Hayward, CA | Full Time
Assembler Technician (Hayward / Castro Valley) Day and Night Shift
Therm-x of California is the leading manufacture for Advanced Temperature and Control Systems for Hi-Technology industries. We have been in business for over 30 years and have a diverse customer base. We offer competitive pay, medical, dental, 401 (K), and paid time off.
As a rapidly growing manufacturing company, we are looking for an Assembler Technician to join our team. The Assembler Technician will use a variety of hand & power tools, and follow work instructions to assembler a complete product for sale to customers. Rely on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. Coach and inspect other employees work.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Assemble raw and custom fabricated materials.
- Test and calibrate parts and mechanism to meet tolerance and product specifications.
- Use hand tools and power tools to assemble units according to work instructions.
- Read and understand basic process blueprints, assembly drawings, and electrical schematics.
- Read bill of materials and identify all components specified.
- Common knowledge of industry concepts.
- Knowledge of standard Manufacturing tools.
- Test Thermocouples using digital multi meter and install into stainless steel plates.
- Cut and strip cable heaters to test using digital multi meter.
- Follow company written policies and instructions.
- Wire, assemble, test, troubleshoot and calibrate complex semiconductor fabrication equipment and sub-assemblies.
- Performs precision measurements and works within close tolerance.
- Ability to use the following hand tools and machinery;
- Thermal, Mechanical, and Flash Strippers
- Hand cutters, tweezers and crimpers
- Soldering iron
- Calipers - Mechanical and Digital for measuring to .001 inch
- Mechanical scale in inches and Millimeters
- Digital Multimeter for testing resistance, Volts and Current
- Benchtop Multimeter Agilent HP34401A or Equivalent
- Hi-Pot Associated Research AR 3670 or Equivalent.
- Meg Ohm Biddle 212159 or equivalent L2 propane torch for silver brazing
- Induction Brazier
- Torch Brazing
Education and Experience
- High School Graduate
- Minimum 3-6 years of on the job experience
Therm-x of California is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Therm-x of California conducts background checks, which complies with applicable law, on applicants who accept employment offers.