Venture Partner (Private Equity)
Venture Capital | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Join the first On-Demand Venture Capital Fund in Silicon Valley, and be part of next generation VC, "i.e., Sequoia + Goldman Sachs + Pivotal Labs combined" to help take to market innovation with impact. Located at Stanford and MIT Research Park, you will be reporting directly to the leadership; you will be responsible for formulating and leading our portfolio global strategy and execution. Success in this position will be measured by the creation of long term shareholder value through our execution roadmap.
The primary objectives include:
- Grow and manage our Disruptive Startup global portfolio from deal flow to funding and exit
- Drive deep relationship with top VC's, CVC's, FO, and P/E to Syndicate and lead each portfolio round
- Develop strategic alliance and exit strategies between our Startup and Corporate Portfolio
- Nurture deep relationship with top Innovation center partners and top universities.
- Initiate and execute Go-to-market roadmap for top startup through LaunchPad Marketplace
- Organize and drive GTM conferences including topic, speakers, vetting startup pitch, and forgig deal with corporate
Experience, skills, and knowledge required
- An outstanding performer with years of experience in any of these spaces (Consumer, Enterprise, Health, BioTech, Medical Devices, Media, FinTech, Clean Energy, Mobility, SpaceTech, Food and AgroTech or Hardware) at top tier tech firms, unicorn startup, consulting firm, and top accelerators / incubators.
- Demonstrated experience leading startups for opportunities focused on emerging technology spaces that align with corporate clients focus. The ideal candidate will have managed transactions that range in size and complexity; proven ability to drive from start to finish (or know when to walk away from a deal)
- Strong knowledge of product development, go-to-market and venture capital funding cycle through exit
- Strong ability to think strategically and direct others in solving complex business problems under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, including strong writing and the ability to create top-notch presentations and materials that provide business insight that is relevant and digestible to executive decision makers
- Proven ability to lead, recruit, retain and mentor high performing team and partners
- Aggressive yet regarded as ethical and fair in the industry. Confident but not arrogant
- BA, MS, MBA or higher from top business school is preferred, along large silicon valley, LA, New York, Boston and Miami network
- Startup, Corporate innovation and Investors exposure is a must across the emerging tech space
- Must be able to hit the ground running with limited support and work independently with all stakeholders
Location: Work Virtually but expected to meet local stakeholders and be based in one of the top innovation hubs across the US (San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, San Diego, Seattle, Scottsdale, Denver, Chicago, Austin, Atlanta, Boston, New York, Washington D.C, Tampa, West Pal Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Sunny Isles, Miami Beach).
Application: You must sign up to LaunchPad from OneTraction.vc and outline in your cover letter how you can help execute our vision in your first 90 days. Please watch a video to get a hint on our GTM events.