Director of Product Development (COLOR CAMP)
Operations | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
This position is for a partner company, Color Camp, so does not work for The NOW massage boutiques.
We’re LA’s favorite nail art destination. From sourcing clean, high-quality products to providing exceptional customer service, we’re all about elevating the manicure experience.
When our two manicure bars were forced to close due to COVID-19, we quickly pivoted. Within one month, we launched an e-commerce site selling At-Home Super Gels: customizable, reusable, high-quality glue-on nails. We created a new product category that sits between a drugstore press-on and a high-end salon manicure… and our customers love it!
We’re seeking a Director of Product Development to help us scale this new business. In this role you’ll oversee innovation, production, and operations. You’ll play an essential role on our small but mighty team and help to build a DTC company from the ground up.
Here’s what you’ll do:
Core Product Innovation
- Drive process improvements for our At-Home Super Gels through discovery, adoption, and integration of new technology and automation methods
- Lead and execute transition from high-cost craft production to lower-cost automated manufacturing, while maintaining product integrity and quality
- Establish and implement new production work flows to achieve cost targets
- Research, evaluate, select, and manage 3rd party vendors
New Product Development
- Develop overall product strategy by working closely with Director of Marketing to understand customer needs and pain points
- Drive all phases of new product development including: ideation, market research, concept development, cost analysis, sourcing, testing, evaluation, pricing, and roll out
- Use data to develop organizational priorities; allocate resources to projects that have the highest impact and ROI
- Lead operations strategy and oversee execution to ensure team is meeting customer demand with on-time delivery and exceptional product quality
- Manage action plans (daily, weekly, monthly) for achieving financial and operational KPIs
- Ensure that employee safety and health, product safety, product quality, and sustainability are integral to every process
- Lead and mentor production and support team; be the voice of the organization in leadership discussions, advocating on behalf of the team
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 7+ years of relevant work experience preferred
- Entrepreneurial mindset: ability to innovate, think creatively, and problem-solve with little oversight
- Strong analytical and modeling skills (Excel / Google Sheets)
- Strong communication and structured storytelling skills (Powerpoint / Google Slides)
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead a team
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple business priorities and execute against operational and financial KPIs
- Obsession with creating the perfect customer experience
- Eye for detail and operational excellence
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.