Director of Construction Management
Operations | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
The NOW, a new concept massage boutique, was founded on the principle that self-care is a necessity not a luxury. Designed to serve as an oasis from today’s fast paced digital society, their goal is to offer high-quality, affordable massage services in a beautiful setting. After launching in 2015, The NOW quickly became a wellness destination for globe-trotting influencers and locals alike. Four boutiques later, the growing lifestyle brand is set to embark on a national franchise expansion and is looking forward to bringing their thoughtfully crafted menu with customizable enhancements, healing products and singular design aesthetic to cities all over the United States
- Act as point of contact for each new Franchisee throughout the construction process
- Maintain regular communication with Director of Franchisee Onboarding to keep that person updated on status of all Franchisee construction activity
- Conduct furniture, fixtures, and equipment layout test to ensure all will fit comfortably into a proposed location
- Provide guidance and support during construction of location which may include; Construction drawings, boutique layouts, GC selection, resolving construction issues, and permitting process
- Help coordinate all orders and deliveries with vendors
- Manage relationship with the following vendors (including bi-weekly calls):
- Construction Management
- Fixtures & Signage
- Research new vendors as needed in the areas of, construction management and construction, architect, equipment, and flooring.
- Provide support to the Senior Director of Real Estate during the LOI process by doing due diligence on location
- Coordinate with Construction Management vendors on project updates to keep boutique openings on schedule
- Provide support for franchisees who choose to work with a General Contractor of their choice to assist in keeping buildout on schedule
- Maintain close communication with President to stay updated on status of Franchisee construction activity, including any roadblocks or issues
- Provide weekly updates to corporate team on status of each franchisee in construction
- Travel as needed. This may include; touring potential boutique sites, construction progress visits, attending Discovery Days, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Experience in construction management as well as being well versed working with general contractors
- Ability to initiate and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with Franchisees, colleagues, project team members, consultants, local government agencies, lenders/investors, and community stakeholders.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; capacity to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in an efficient and timely manner; ability to work well under pressure; and ability to successfully meet project deadlines.
- Knowledge of Project management software
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.