Mediation Coordinator (Case Manager-Legal)
Case Management | Richmond, VA | Full Time
About The McCammon Group
The McCammon Group (TMG) is the mid-Atlantic’s leading provider of mediation and other Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) services. TMG’s esteemed group of 80+ retired judges and prominent attorneys (Neutrals) in VA, DC, and MD help parties resolve their legal disputes amicably, more quickly, and at a fraction of the cost of a jury trial.
Our Case Managers identify, coordinate, and communicate important details leading up to and following each ADR session, allowing our Neutrals to place their focus on facilitating successful outcomes. Case intake is the front door of this process when relevant information is discussed with the lawyers involved in the case, services and billing rates/policies are explained, necessary agreements/forms are sent and received, Neutral selection is finalized, location/time of ADR session is coordinated, etc. Our Case Managers step in to save the day when arrangements don’t go according to plan, and they respond to ongoing inquiries from the lawyers and Judges/Neutrals. After the ADR session is over, our Case Managers follow up with the Neutral to ensure agreements and other paperwork are properly submitted and work also with our finance team to finalize billing information.
Some of the specific types of tasks performed by our Case Managers include:
- Setup and enter new case information into a proprietary database
- Respond to general email and phone inquiries regarding services, fees, etc.
- Send written confirmations and follow-up communications
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, conferences, hearings, etc. with customers and TMG neutrals
- Collect billing information and ensure all required paperwork is completed for each case
In everything they do, our Case Managers are committed to providing the highest level of work product and customer care.
- Competitive starting pay
- 10%+ average annual pay increase first 4 years
- FREE Anthem BCBS health insurance. Choose between two plan options:
- $10/visit Copay plan
- HSA plan – TMG contributes up to $3,300 per year to an employee’s HSA
- FREE dental insurance
- Pay only 50% of premium to cover dependents (health and dental)
- Retirement plan with 100% vested employer contribution (after 2 years)
- 3 weeks paid time off in first year + 8 paid holidays
- No night or weekend work – Off-hours’ texts, calls, or emails are extremely rare
- Reynolds Crossing location – great central RVA-metro location; free parking
- And more!
- Exceptional written and one-on-one oral communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Prior experience servicing and responding to customers (internal or external)
- At least 2 years’ administrative/customer care experience with a professional services organization (e.g., legal, consulting, accounting, financial, engineering, etc.)
- Prior litigation support role in a law firm or corporate legal department