Sales and Event Coordinator
The Lake Club | Youngstown, OH | Full Time
Sales and Event Coordinator - The Lake Club - Poland, OH
The Lake Club is a private club with numerous member amenities as well as a public catering facility set on the shores of the beautiful Lake Evans. Our 18 hole golf course is impeccably groomed, challenging yet fun. Members also enjoy a 24-hour access fitness center, extensively stocked pro shop, and a 2-story rustic Grille Room with private wine cellar. Our Pool and Recreation Center offers a large family pool featuring zero depth entry, slides, and diving boards, an adult pool with exclusive poolside bar, and full sized tennis and basketball courts. Outdoor dining on the terrace or Halfway House with full bar and numerous televisions is enormously popular.
- The Lake Club is seeking a dynamic and effective Sales and Event Coordinator with proven sales skills and superior customer service. This person is to attract and coordinate banquet events, ensuring a seamless and enjoyable experience for our guests. Events range from small luncheons, to elaborate weddings and large corporate and personal events. The Event and Sales Coordinator is expected to initiate the first contact with potential customers and to act as the liaison between the customer and our food and beverage team. The Event and Sales Coordinator is responsible for creating cordial relationships with clients and handling the administrative duties related to the position. This position is classified as an exempt salaried position and requires work on evenings, weekends and holidays, as necessary.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for attracting, securing, and developing new banquet business for events ranging from small luncheons, to elaborate weddings and huge corporate and personal events.
- Development of a list of business contacts and potential business clients.
- Direct personal contact with potential banquet clientele through personal visits, telephone, mailings and other means in order to establish new corporate and personal banquet business.
- Set all meeting with clients, including tastings and tours, as well as coordination of such meetings with appropriate Lake Club personnel, as necessary
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as necessary.
- 2-3 years of sales experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Sharp, “go-getter” individual with impeccable communication and organizational skills
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated, high energy and persistent
- Proven sales skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrated history of personal initiative
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule which include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed sales and performance quotas and goals
- Demonstrated strong guest service skills