Desktop & Network Support Technician
Administration | Calgary, Alberta, Canada
As one of Alberta's largest home builders, Jayman offers customers a wide range of beautiful homes in Calgary's and Edmonton’s most desirable communities. Jayman is a market leader and has been providing the highest standard of craftsmanship and quality for more than 30 years by blending fine craftsmanship with the most advanced construction technologies available. Jayman has been named one of Alberta Venture’s “Fast 50” and is a Platinum winner of the “50 Best Managed Companies” in Canada. Jayman has also been named 2011 Builder of the Year in Calgary, and one of the Top 60 Employers in Alberta for 2013. We currently have an opportunity for a
Desktop / Network Support Technician
in our Calgary operation who has experience with directly supporting business users with IT issues or requests.
- Directly support business users with IT issues and requests and manage those requests through to completion.
- Provide IT orientations and new hire documentation to new users as they commence employment.
- Developing IT self-help articles and procedures for common IT issues and publishing them to users.
- Adhere to Security Policies throughout all support tasks and procedures.
- Ensure support documentation is up to date and complete.
- Ensure Users and IT teams are appropriately informed of issues or outages and timelines for repair.
- Ensure self-service IT support documents are created to reduce the number of issues the IT team has to resolve.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, Information Technology Management Certificate or an equivalent.
- 2-5 years in a technical support role directly or indirectly supporting business users.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate technological concepts to non technical users
- High level of motivation, positive attitude and strong sense of ownership.
- An understanding of support processes and methodologies.
- Understanding of industry standard support methodologies.
- Understanding of software applications relevant to support
- Understanding of networking equipment and best practices. (Firewall, Switch, WAP).
Location: This position will support, and be located in our Calgary operations with the possibility of occasional overnight trips to service our Edmonton offices.
If you feel that this is the right challenge for you, and you meet these qualifications, please respond by 5:00pm on March 29, 2013 by sending your resume and cover letter in Word or PDF format to [[redacted]] or to the following address:
Human Resources Department
#200, 3132 – 118th Avenue SE
Calgary, AB T2Z 3X1
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone or agency inquiries please.