Director of National Accounts
Sales | Cincinnati, OH | Full Time
The Director of National Accounts will lead the company’s initiatives and strategy to expand and foster relationships with large, multi-state Strategic Accounts. The assigned accounts with headquarter calls include Kroger, Total Wine, Target, Walmart, Whole Foods, CVS, Walgreens, and Military. This position will also be responsible for managing strategy through our Broker, The Mark Wine Group, regarding National Accounts On-Premise. They will also lead the compliance of programs and promotions in collaboration with the Hess Regional teams and distributor network leads.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND SKILL SETS: include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Lead development of strategy for assigned National Accounts
• Responsible for Headquarter final decision makers for assigned National Accounts
• Establish and maintain all assigned account buyer relationships, attending all key meetings with distributor for new item and planner presentations to secure incremental distribution and promotional activity
• Strong Financial Acumen: Must be able to calculate gross profit, retail margin, retail pricing, internal pricing models, trade spend etc.
• Captain execution of all programming in assigned accounts (establish Goals, coordinate Resources, evaluate using execution trackers, recap to all stakeholders) evaluating first week, mid-month, and end of program
• Prepare & Lead Quarterly Business Reviews using insight driven commentary to identify issues and action-based conversation to solve gap to goal and deliver plan
• Collaborate with Distributor Network leads to build and update monthly tracker with Planner Activity, Ad’s, Pricing and Programs vs. LY for each key account
• Consistently assess, clarify, and validate customer needs to add value to their business and achieve short and long-term objectives and strategies
• Lead cross-collaboration with internal teams (Marketing, Trade Marketing, Finance, Business Intelligence) to drive market insights that streamline efficiency during the planning process
• Ability to build compelling sales presentations with Sales, Marketing and Consumer Insights that yield results in promotion and distribution
• Create, analyze, and leverage syndicated and internal data
• Periodically participate in focus account events, golf outings, and charity functions
• Execute Digital and E-Commerce initiatives that align with and support customer initiatives and platforms
• Positive attitude and strong desire to win
The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• A minimum of seven years of experience in the beverage alcohol industry, with a proven sales track record of successfully executing headquarter calls with key personnel/decision-makers.
• Bachelor's degree (or the equivalent) from a four-year college or university is required
• Candidate must be able to travel and work in-market at least 50% of the time.
• Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as weekend and extended workdays are necessary.
• Must have a valid driver’s license or be able to travel in a timely manner.
Leading company culture is imperative, where the ideal candidate is; a team player, acts profitably, is an agent of change, and leads by example.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to taste and smell, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Must be able to lift 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
Competitive base salary plus bonus, car allowance, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, matching 401K plan, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Passion, dedication and perseverance have been the guiding principles of The Hess Collection since Donald Hess founded the winery in 1978. As fifth generation Hess Family, we continue to define the spirit behind the wines. We proudly continue Donald’s legacy, carrying on tradition and his commitment to craft world-renowned wines from the Napa Valley while introducing wines that speak to our vision for the future. We are also proud to be a winner of the 2020 North Bay Business Journal’s ‘Best Places to Work in the North Bay’.