Marketing | Napa, CA | Full Time
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of California’s finest wine families, known for exceptional wines which elevate every occasion; now and for generations to come. This position will play an important role in delivering HFWE’s growth ambition by assuming responsibility for data collection, analysis, and front-end sales reporting. This visible role will interface directly with Executive Level management including Sales, Finance, Marketing, and Operations on a daily basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB: This role is responsible for data management and data utilization focused on driving commercial sales. A successful candidate will organize, maintain, and leverage data to create functional reports which track and measure company performance as well as identify new opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Support front-end reporting and provide actionable commercial insights
- Implement new data analysis methodologies and create ad-hoc reports as requested
- Provide support to sales organization through deployment of BI resources to enable fact-based selling and insights.
- Create business opportunity decks using internal and broad market scan data (IRI data)
- Oversee the points-based performance rating system for internal sales team
- Cooperate with the IT & Finance departments to identify and deploy new software and hardware solutions to improve data utilization
- Work with the Marketing department to develop annual brand plans and track product life cycle.
- Monitor market trends and contribute to HFWE’s firm strategy and investment thesis
- Support all data sources and oversee deployment to the data warehouse
- Develop policies and procedures for the collection and analysis of data
- Routinely profile sales data to ensure integrity in both collection and reporting; resolve any issues at root cause
- Assist in wholesale pricing administration, maintain accurate pricing information, audit distributor invoices as needed, and ensuring brand standards are upheld.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Experience with business intelligence reporting tools
- Ability to understand and find appropriate applications for data
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data structures and basic database management
- Ability to leverage disaggregated data to drive actionable insights
- Experience working with retail account scan data & reporting tools, specifically Nielsen
- Ability to independently generate executive-ready business status and opportunity pitch decks
- Strong data visualization skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics, Data Science or related field required
- Professional experience working for or with major US chain retailers is a plus.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- SQL database management and maintenance skills
- User experience with reporting tools currently in use at HFWE is a plus:
- NIELSEN, IRI, MICROSOFT DYNAMICS (NAV), TARGIT, and ADAPTIVE
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk, hear and see
- Frequently required to stand and walk
- Use a computer 8 hours per work day
- Required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds