Accounts Payable Coordinator
Finance | Napa, CA | Full Time
PURPOSE OF JOB: Responsible for administering the accounts payable function for The Hess Collection Winery. This requires high volume of invoice processing and managing various AP vendors and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Reviews invoices and compares to purchase order and receiving documents
- Works directly with the procurement and receiving departments to reconcile any pricing or quantity variances
- Reviews invoices for appropriate documentation and approvals according to delegation of authority; asks follow-up questions as appropriate
- Prepares and reviews invoices for adherence to company policies
- Reconciles vendor statements and works with vendors in resolving discrepancies on invoices for discounts, errors, late payments, etc.
- Process weekly check disbursement runs and mail as necessary
- Processes all electronic payments including ACH, Wires and Credit Card
- Understanding of vendor master data and 1099 requirements
- Monthly reconciliations
- Processes reclass journal entries as needed
- Distributes invoices to the appropriate cost center managers for approval manually and via electronic invoicing system
- Provides supporting documentation for audits
- Filing and general office support
- Back up front desk as necessary for breaks, vacation and projects etc.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- 3+ years of accounting and/or business experience, including accounts payable, general ledger and account analysis.
- Requires a strong understanding of business operations and systems, excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, problem solving, research and resolution & skills, along with strong organizational and time management skills, data analysis and ability to multi-task.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages and fractions.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Windows Excel & Word
- User experience with the following systems or similar highly desired:
- Navision (ERP)
- Continia (automated approval and invoice processing system)
- Certify (expense management and reporting system)