Network Hardware Support Technician
Information Technology | Beavercreek, OH | Full Time
About the Company
The Greentree Group is a professional services business comprised of talented analysts and problem-solvers who work with clients around the world on programs ranging from start-up business process consulting situations to planning the modernization of major information technology systems. Our people play key roles in developing and executing strategic and tactical plans and who share the challenges and rewards of working for a small company. Our team of experts tackle the toughest problem and solve it right—the first time! What makes The Greentree Group successful is our outstanding people who hold a spotless record of customer satisfaction. We’re focused on doing business better—to better our client’s business!
About the Opportunity
The Greentree Group employees are truly valued and treated with respect. You’ll be working with an outstanding team with an impressive track record. We need a talented individual to fill a potential Network Hardware Support Technician role in support of a government client at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. This support includes tasks to ensure an effective Information Management concept and structure that fosters timely deployment and optimal operation of Information Systems to support the research missions.
Some responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing technical support for research computers, including specialized non-standard system configurations and high-performance computer workstations.
- Installing hardware, software, and operating system (as well as the administration and maintenance of said systems).
- Managing organization Local Area Network/Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) systems, designing and monitoring new complex network systems, configuring and installing network hardware/software, and maintaining LAN Operations in secure environments.
- Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting complex network and application server and workstation hardware, operating system software, and peripheral network equipment such as routers, bridges, cabling system, network interface cards, modems, multiplexers, and concentrators.
- Developing and implementing configuration management plans which ensure optimization of connectivity between remote sites and local systems.
- Developing and maintaining local procedures for networks, system operations, and product assembly and installation. Implements the network operating systems and/or network application software.
- Conducting testing of network to ensure that current release of software products are in use and to ensure operability, efficiency, and compliance with existing standards.
- Monitoring the operation of networks and ensures that hardware and network operating software are functioning properly and that operation standards are met.
- Testing functionality of the hardware and network operating software to resolve technical problems and makes the appropriate on-site repairs.
- Providing ongoing support, resolution of complex problems and operating malfunctions involving various hardware components and network operating software failures.
- Performing system backups to ensure expedient restoration of the database for the respective network equipment.
- Recommending and preparing operating policies and procedures for networks, system operations, and product assembly and installation.
- Assisting LAN/WAN users in effective application of network capabilities.
- Providing user support to users of Air Force systems.
- Software installation, to include scientific and engineering packages
- Loading, configuring, and maintaining standardized and customized systems running Windows and Linux.
- Maintenance and planning network configurations in a reconfigurable environment.
- Provide network monitoring and configurations to meet design specs for given requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent military experience).
- Experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Five (5) or more years of related experience.
- Adept at working independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in the English language.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to communicate applicable technical subject matter expertise to a non-technical audience.
- Experience providing technology support to a highly technical user-base.
- Recent experience operating and maintaining Windows and Linux systems, including operating system and software patches
- Experience with operating and maintaining IT systems in a DoD environment.
- Experience with network design and documentation.
- Experience with integration of multiple network technologies from different vendors.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance or higher.
- One or more of the following credentials: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+CE, SSCP.
The Greentree Group offers an attractive, flexible benefits package and outstanding growth opportunities. For more information on who we are, visit us at www.greentreegroup.com. When applying for this position, please submit resume and salary requirements to job code NHST-20-016. A background check may be required. No relocation is offered with this position.
Greentree is an Equal Opportunity Employer race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran