Administration | Brattleboro, VT | Full Time
Position Title: Executive Director, Full Time
Position Title: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
The Executive Director is responsible for the continued growth and sustainability of The Gathering Place in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations. The Executive Director oversees Human Resources, operations, finance, facilities, fundraising, marketing, QAQI, and participates in Board development. The Executive Director is appointed by the Board of Directors and is responsible to the Board through the President, assuring TGP is represented at the State, Local and Federal level and reports potential and perceived organizational risks immediately. The Executive Director is the Chair of the Management Team; and is a non-voting member of Board Finance, Organizational Development and ad hoc committees.
- Assures sufficient and appropriate staff are in place
- Supervises Management Team
- Assure job descriptions are current
- Assures effective recruitment and on-boarding efforts
- Assures staff conflicts, discipline and dismissals, are handled appropriately.
- Assures benefits administration
- Reviews and approves salary administration and other relevant policies and procedures
- Negotiate and execute contracts
- Assures TGP holdings are maintainedResearch and vet potential new ventures
- Assures Policies and procedures are aligned with regulations and reviewed regularily
- Prepare and manage TGP Board approved budget
- Apply for and manage grants as directed by the Board
- Advisor to the Board regarding participant/client fee schedules and approves applications for scholarship program
- Assures financials are maintained and reports to Finance Committee are timely and accurate
- Assures Bi-Annual fundraising campaign is completed by June 30 and November 30
- Consults with Staff Marketing Committee to implement plans
- Works with the Board Executive Committee to establish Capital Campaigns and develop a Charitable Giving campaign
Quality Improvement, Marketing and Community Relations
- Establish means for program evaluation and research. Develop new programs and/or services at the direction of the Board.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Board Strategic plan.
- Oversee advertising to assure TGP visability
- Assure TGP is an active participant in and on community and state committees
- Attend regular and ad hoc Board and Committee meetings
- Report organization activities and program progress to the Board at each meeting
- With the Board develop the Annual Report
- Support the President and other officers in conducting their duties; serves as liaison between Board and staff
- Work collaboratively with the Board to further the mission of The Gathering Place
Decision Making Authority
- The Executive Director is an ex-officio member of the Board and its committees, as well as the administrator of the Corporation and all of its programs, both funded and voluntary.
- The Executive Director approves expenditures within budgetary limitations and complies with the decisions of the Board concerning policies, budgets and major expenditures.
- The Executive Director, working with the Board, is responsible for the development of new Board approved programs and/or service lines
- The Executive Director confers with the Board prior to any alteration to services to assure alignment with The Gathering Place mission, vision and philosophy.
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, listening
- Experience in organizational development, management and strategic planning
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage complex budgets
- Experience in program administration and staff supervision
- Knowledge of adult day and home care programs and the needs of seniors and adults with disabilities
- Proven track record developing and implementing successful fundraising efforts
- Experience in grant writing and fundraising
- Demonstrated public relations and networking abilities
- Proficiency with Professional Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks, and Adobe. EHR and CRM experience a plus.
Education, Experience, Certifications
- A master’s degree in management, administration or human services and at least three years of professional experience, including one year of administration/management
- A Bachelors degree in management, administration or human services and at least five years of professional experience, including one year of administration/management or a comparable combination of education and experience
- Or a comparable combination of education and experience
- 3 years experience working in a health or human service position
- 1 year experience working with adults with disabilities and seniors