Activities Program Assistant - Brattleboro
Activities | Brattleboro, VT | Full Time
Program Assistant - Full Time 30+ hours per week
The Program Assistant is responsible for caring for and assisting participants in our Adult Day Program with activities of daily living, assisting with meals and assisting with keeping service areas clean.
In addition, Program Assistants carry out planned activities as assigned and work collaboratively with other program staff and management to foster an environment where participants can engage in creative, stimulating and therapeutic activities that foster independence, self-esteem and communication.
- Ability to prioritize assignments
- Ability to lift up to thirty pounds and safely transfer clients as needed.
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of food preparation sanitation guidelines
- Leadership qualities within activities
Education, Experience, Certifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Licensed Nursing Assistant preferred but not required and/or one or more years’ experience working with elders or adults with disabilities.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered