Java Developer II
Engineering | Solana Beach, CA
Who are we?
Located in Solana Beach, CA, the experience engine is a technology company focused on helping our customers create and manage game changing consumer experiences that will drive higher revenue and customer satisfaction. We intelligently and securely leverage attributes such as location, context, and identity, all in a real-time environment, to create immersive and integrated experiences for venues, events, theme parks, activities, hospitality and important locations or destinations. We call this category Experience Management. Our offering includes a cloud based platform called Te2, a family of products called Te2.MEE, and a suite of professional services that integrates and extends a company's core systems of record to the consumer's devices including smart-phones, tablets, and wearable technology.
To see examples of the type of work we focus on, see the following article on Experience Management.
As a Java Developer II at Te2, you will focus on developing products that enables similar holistic consumer experiences. You will have the opportunity to put your stamp on a platform / product from the beginning.
Who are you?
- You love technology. When you are not coding at work, you play with technology for fun
- You are humble, but confident
- You don't play politics and stand-up for what you think is right
- You are motivated by building a product that is innovative and game changing
- You like to work with a wide array of technology rather than specializing in one specific technology
- You love big technical challenges
- You truly care about the business impact of what you build
- You adapt well to change
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 1+ year of relevant work experience in core Java
- Strong grasp of OO programming principles
- Server-side development experience
- Some exposure to other web development languages: Ruby, Python, Groovy, PHP
- Willingness and ability to embrace an AGILE development methodology
Our current tech stack:
- Java, JDK 1.7
- OSGi-bundling to deliver our applications
- Our OSGi container/platform is Apache ServiceMix
- Apache CXF (the JAX-RS standard) to expose our API's as RESTful web services
- Enunciate to provide automatically generated documentation of the API's
- Build system is Maven, we are doing continuous integration with Jenkins, and we are all using Eclipse Kepler as our development environment
Note from our Head of Technology
"Our team manages all work through user stories. Every two weeks we go through the backlog to build a list of stories that we will tackle over the next two weeks. We meet as a team to go through each story to estimate its size and to build up a list of tasks needed to complete it. Often we realize more design work is needed, so we will create tasks to define interfaces, draw up sequence diagrams, or class hierarchies as needed. The process is very democratic, or more precisely - meritocratic. We will implement the best approach we can come up with together, not a design mandate from the top-down. We tackle 10 stories or so each sprint, with 3-5 tasks under each one, so there are lots of opportunities to get involved."
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Your choice of new laptop (Mac, PC) and software
- Fewer rules, no dress code, and the opportunity to create something significant that will impact millions of consumers
If you don't have an up-to-date resume handy, but have a Stack Overflow, Github, LinkedIn profile (or similar), please pass that along . You can reach us at [[redacted]]. We are looking forward to hearing from you.