Operations + Administration Director
Administration | Washington DC | Part Time
WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB:
Because, just like everyone at Elements, you:
- Are passionate about the outdoors, wellness, and the guts and glory of working for a small business.
- Enjoy the company of other humans: elementary aged kids, corporate executives, start-up entrepreneurs, outdoor enthusiasts and newbies included.
- Believe in our mission of getting people of all ages outside, active, and grounded and providing creative experiences in the outdoors to build a happier, healthier and stronger community. At Elements we see an opportunity to play a role in how people authentically connect.
- Are devoted to creating an open and collaborative environment with new ideas and insights.
- You have outdoor skills, experience, and passion: It’s what we are all about and we need you to be comfortable, experienced, skilled and passionate about being active, outdoors and in all sorts of elements.
- Bachelor degree
- Experience in operations, event planning, hospitality, customer service, youth enrichment, outdoor industry or similar role
- Excellent computer skills including Google Drive, Social Media + Communications (Square Space, Mail Chimp, Facebook/Instagram), and Quickbooks
- Demonstrated sound judgment, ability to apply depth of knowledge and experience in solving complex challenges/making recommendations where no precedent may exist
- Organized, resourceful, focused, and great at prioritizing
- Professional, self-motivated, results oriented
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal/presentation)
- Detail oriented, with the ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel on an ongoing basis
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies
- Good communication skills, kindness, flexibility and good humor highly desirable
- Oh, and reliable transportation since this position is responsible for making sure equipment is delivered to the parks/event sites.
ABOUT THE JOB:
In a nutshell, we are looking for someone who likes to wear many professional ‘hats’ and is willing to go above and beyond to make Elements the best. Read on for the details but you will be engaged in all aspects of the business whether that is administrative duties in the office or projects accomplished at your fave coffee shop or in the woods with our participants.
ADULTS: Logistics and execution of Elements ADULT offerings with a focus on program preparation, customer activation and communications and follow up. Guiding support and/or leader for ADULT custom and seasonal offerings.
KIDS: Coordinator of Winter Junior Crew program and Enrichment Program and Spring/Fall offerings. Winter season Site Leader and weekly communications with parents. Pre-season and weekly organizing of KIDS’ program materials and communications.
ADMINISTRATION: Weekly administrative responsibilities with emphasis on program logistics and brand promotions: manage and maintain website, social media platforms, print content and brand for updates and consistency of messaging to help market all Elements DC offerings and events. Support Director in cultivation of targeted, strategic partnerships for The Elements DC programming with the goal of growing brand awareness and expanding new program opportunities.
WORKING AT THE ELEMENTS DC
We are growing and are looking for someone who can grow with us. With that in mind, the hours for this part-time position can be flexible and will vary depending on projects, goals and deadlines. We are adaptable and, like the seasons change, so too does our pace of work:
Winter is our busiest season with daily administrative tasks and our KIDS sessions Monday through Thursday (and some Friday) afternoons
Spring and Fall are busy with admin duties and adult/kid offerings: we will need availability to support or guide on our seasonal Spring and Fall Week of Walks and Overnight: Hikes and Hotels. And we will need candidate to be available to support our Custom Experiences (half/full day or one to two overnights).
Summer time is our time to regroup, plan and think big.
KIDS PROGRAM Schedule: You must be able to commit to the 8 week KIDS winter season (January 13 - March 6, 2020), our mandatory training session on the morning of Saturday, Dec. 7th, 2019 from 9:30 - 11:30 (+/-) or afternoon of Sunday, January 12th, 2020 from 3:30 - 5:30. There will also be pre-season expectations of familiarizing yourself with the parks where Elements KIDS sessions are held, curriculum development, equipment inventory and enhancement and pre-season program planning. In Spring & Fall- there will be a Wednesday 8 week (April/May & Sept/Oct) Elements session offered for a local independent school from 2:00 - 3:30.
ADULT PROGRAM Schedule: Seasonal Week of Walks is typically late September and early May. The Seasonal Overnights are typically scheduled for 24 to 48 hours in October and April. The Custom Experiences are scheduled depending on client and Elements availability.